• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Whens the best time to make a serious decision???

A

amelie-louise

Over the years ive made a number of bad decisions when i have a little manic episode. Ive felt ok for a couple of weeks, but this past week my minds been a little eractic im feeling hyper again.
But when making decisions when is the best time when my head never feels like my own.

Does any of this make sense to anyone??
When would anyone say its not a good time to be making serious decisions in your life??
Is there ever a good time????

Your thoughts would all be appreciated

L

LilMissLost

Hi amelie-louise,

I am wondering that myself at the moment so you arent alone, generally at the moment if i am not sure about something ill try and talk about it to my partner or friend to see if they think its a good idea to make such a decision but if thats not possible id probably wait til the hyper bit wears off. If its a general decision then you just have to go with what you think is right i guess.

I find decision making quite hard in general anyway, feel like im definetly making right decisions and can cope with anything one minute then the next, i cant make decisions, am questioning the ones i did make and cant cope with anything! :flowers:

A

amelie-louise

i feel like i could do anything at the moment conquer all...lol...This can be dangerous just trying to keep a hold of my self at the moment and try not to get to carried away....But then i think why not make the most of feeling like this make all those decisions about my life that i usually cant...Like you said when you start doubting what youve done and sometimes its too late to change it....Oooooh soooo complicated

L

LilMissLost

Yeah i wouldnt make too many drastic decisions at the moment :) lol. Definetly make the most of feeling as you do but as you say without getting carried away ;) Its so very complicated but i do know what you mean, hopefully someone else has some better advice for us :)

M

maudikie

maudikie

It dependson what the decision is about. If it is your health problem I should see your doctor or psychiatrist:) about it. Or you cold contact your local mental health team by phone if it is urgent.:)