• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

When you sit

G

Golden

It's quiet. I'm sitting here on my own. There is lots to worry about and be upset about. I'm depressed but also unhappy and worried. Or are they the same thing? Regardless panic is always possible. Should I sit and think or have a bath and keep distracted and allow myself the time to deal with everything a bit at a time rather than letting myself sit here and panic eventually. I just answered my own question.

How long might it all take? It's very hard. I'm not getting much pleasure at the moment. There is lots wrong.

Quitting: not life but groups. My writing group there is a women who is always unkind and I don't want to go anymore. I always quit though. Jobs and groups. Relationships. I quit and hide. I gather courage to go to another then quit. Is this bad?

R

Rob27

Hey Golden

I'm Rob, If it was me I would go and have a bath. I often get to where things just get on top of me but I try to tackle one problem at a time so I don't get over-whelmed.

With the groups I think it would be good if you could stick it out because then you know your strong enough to deal with it if a similar situation happens again. Is there someone who you can talk to about this woman in the group?

I hope I've helped and you feel better soon :)

G

Golden

Rob I think that is wise. I need to be stronger as I'm such a tortoise now. I never was before. I run and hide. I've got to stop doing that. It's just once you've been on the end of other people's issues for so long, you start to run away from further harm. It's a risk but then I have to try at some point. To practice.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, I hide away too. I am alright if I am safe in my room but when I go out I get ill

Can't you ignore the woman who is un-kind to you?? xx

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I sit on a seating apparatus
Such has been arranged for the purpose
And I am to give this ritual no thought
Especially in the presence of a psychonaut

Someone a bit like myself
Someone interested in hitler and ants

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
One day
When once an unhappy Buddhist
I asked my master
When you sit enlightened one self
The not self enlightened as self yet not self
This self on the shelf?
No. The non shelf off the shelf.
So at some point it was on the shelf, the self was on the shelf.
Only the selfless know the true nature of self and non self.

G

Golden

I was reading last night about social anxiety. It said that if you have no plans for a couple of days you relax. No pressure to interact. I have nothing on today and am delighted that I can potter about on my own. I think the true cause is not just a bipolar symptom but a real decision or fear based on past bad experiences with people and underlying sensitivity. I read also about rejection sensitivity which is a problem for me. It said borderline is abandonment fear and bipolar is sensitive to criticism. It's all a load of shit I'm talking! I just like my own company. Prefer animals. Again I read about adhd and asd with bipolar. Also links. I think that means nobody has a clue why!