• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

When will this hell end?

kathrina

kathrina

I apologise in advance if I offend anyone on here:

I am totally fed up of the sh*t that I feel and have to deal with. I'm dealing with everything alone. I've not many friends and the ones I do have seem busy with their own lives. My sister is not talking to me. I don't discuss it with my parents as they have enough to deal with. My counsellor has gone on holiday for four weeks as well.
I try every day to get better and want to know when i will be better. When will I stop feeling like this and won't have the urges to throw up anymore?
:unsure: I don't know.

:(:(:(:(:(

S

*Sapphire*

((hugs))

Hi Kathrina

I'm sorry you are feeling so alone and down. Christmas is such a hard time for most people suffering with an eating disorder because there are so many challenges to overcome combined with having little support.

I will be on here largely over Christmas, although I can't guarantee on the day. I am not sure if that helps, but if you want to off load anytime do let me know.

I am also about to put up a post for those suffering with EDs of ideas on how to get through it which might help you and your family.

Take care
Sapphire xx

K

Kate31

It will get easier...i promise...

Hi Kathrina,

No need to apologise - it's refreshing to hear someone just be real - the only thing i can promise you is that it does get easier the longer you stick with it.
I can totally empathise re struggling with counsellor away - i won't see mine for 4 weeks either...in the meantime i am trying to write thoughts/problems down in my journal so i can bring it to next appt.

Also, this time of year is often the worst for us ed sufferers as everyone seems to go food crazy - i decided i would make life easier this year and plan in advance what i will eat when we have the big family meal. A good friend in my support group used to tell me 'don't quit before the miracle happens' - give yourself a huge pat on the back :clap: for being honest about how hard it is as a massive part of recovery is using your voice rather than your body to express your emotions.

I wish i could say 'Kathrina...you will be recovered in x amount of time'... if it helps, try to think of recovery at the moment as a journey rather than a destination.

Take good care of u & keep reminding yourself it will get easier.
Kate x
:grouphug::) p.s. forgive me am still trying out the diff icons (!!)