• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

when was the last time you felt alive?

nonotme

nonotme

I don't feel much emotion at all, just a static case of lowness. I don't ride any highs and my lows aren't anywhere near as bad as they were a year ago.

But I don't feel alive, or more to the point I don't feel like I'm living. I just go from one day to another doing the same old stuff. I watch TV, I use the PC, I eat then I take my medication as early as I can do to sleep as long as I can.

where is there any life in there? Friends I have none as such and don't see any. I have little contact with family, a phone call here and there.

so when did you last feel so alive ? I can't remember due to the medication I am always over thinking every situation so I don't do anything. I'd long to be young and foolish again without thinking all the time.

Me.

BillFish

BillFish

I don't feel much emotion at all, just a static case of lowness. I don't ride any highs and my lows aren't anywhere near as bad as they were a year ago.

But I don't feel alive, or more to the point I don't feel like I'm living. I just go from one day to another doing the same old stuff. I watch TV, I use the PC, I eat then I take my medication as early as I can do to sleep as long as I can.

where is there any life in there? Friends I have none as such and don't see any. I have little contact with family, a phone call here and there.

so when did you last feel so alive ? I can't remember due to the medication I am always over thinking every situation so I don't do anything. I'd long to be young and foolish again without thinking all the time.

Me.
You have to go find it mate, it doesn't just come to you, and you won't find it online for sure. We naturally respond to new environments that intrigue us and give us that dopamine feel good burst.Get out of your flat/house, get on a coach/bus/taxi/train/plane and go experience something again like you used too:peace:

nonotme

nonotme

Get out of your flat/house, get on a coach/bus/taxi/train/plane and go experience something again like you used too:peace:
Your right mate next time I have £20 spare I will go and visit somewhere nice.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I appreciate your sentiments billfish but in reality its never that easy. When its hard enough to motivate yourself to get up, eat, the basic functions, going that one step further can just be so daunting.

In answer I think it was when I was still friends with someone and we partied and hung out. I supported her through getting rid of her toxic husband then she got a new bf ànd forgot about me.

C

cherbear

Hugs x I was like that on medication it numbed my emotions . Due to health reasons I had to stop taking medication . The medication is out of my system now completely and for the first time in a long while this evening I have found myself laughing and joking with my other half it's how we used to be may not sound like a big thing but to feel something other than numbness , frustration and being generally tired of everything is a big thing to me x You will get there hunny xxx

nonotme

nonotme

than numbness , frustration and being generally tired of everything is a big thing

I might as well be dead with my lack of enjoyment of anything, and even if I enjoy something, I laughed at the TV tonight its very cold and I will catch myself laughing then stop myself.

I don't want to be angry any more. I just want to be alive.