• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

WHEN VOICES CONTROL YOUR BODY...HELP

M

megu2

Hello, I am a 33 year old female who has been suffering from hearing voices for 6 years. It began as a a grandmol seizure when I was at graduate school in 2003 and a year later voices popped up as a romantic involvement. For years I thought the voice was a real person on the outside because they were "taking care" of me...until this last experience where I was in a psychiatric hospital for 4 months labeled bipolar schizoaphective and the voice turned bad telling me he was an enemy of mine who managed to take over my body, which he has...the voice is making me do things I wouldn't normally do...does anyone else have experience with a voice controlling their body and decisions? It literaly caused me to go to the emergencyroom 3 times due to catatonia and loss of muscle control. Also my voice talks to me outloud and has full conversations with me...any help is appreciated. I still believe it's an enemy of mine who somehow got into my head...that's why I'm starting to research this hoping to convince myself that the voice isn't real and that I'm not an experiment since birth like it makes me believe...thanks for listening...meg new york

parker

parker

For years I thought the voice was a real person on the outside because they were "taking care" of me...
Hi Meg:)

i'm sorry your going through this! Every one of us that deals with this would not wish it on our worst enemy.

The Quote above is a commen tactic, alls its doing is manipulating you with fear & guilt. The three doorways is Fear, Guilt and Sex. It looks like your getting all three. Same as me:(

The best thing for me was to educate myself and know what the voice is up too. once you get this down (it takes time) the stuff just kinda bounces off ya. Basically it can't fool ya. Everytime it tricks you the source will gain strength. The opposite happens when it doesn't.

Well welcome to the site Meg

parker

R

RainbowElf

Welcome to the site and I am so sorry that your voices have turned on you, it must of been a very scary moment.

Be in hospital is no fun, wether this is a psychiatric unit or an accident and emergency.

A while back whenever my urges got bad to self harm my hands would clench into a fist and I could not unclench them until I did something self destructive. The only way that I could stop this is to self harm when the voices where getting to a uncontrollable level.

My voices instruct me to do a lot of self destructive things, this I know is not the same awful experience as you but still scary and not easy to control.

If I could keep them at a low level then I would not have the urge to self harm as much as I do at the moment, it is so hard to live every day when people are shouting at you and causing your head to feel like it is going to explode.

I hear ten permanent voices all of the time.

One thing that I must tell you is the voices will always tell you things that sound terrible and are very hard to verify, however a lot of the time they are wrong and playing on your worst fears or sentiments that other people have told you in your past, or present.

Tell the voices that you don't think they are telling you the truth and see what they have to say on this.

Stay strong and try to look out for common behaviours or statements from the voices before you end up been taken to accident and emergency.

Maybe this way you can come up with some coping techniques to stop the voices putting you in these difficult situations again.

Big hugs and take care of yourself.

Pyppy x​

M

megu2

Thank you parker and pyppy for taking the time to explain these things to me. I'm really at a loss when it comes to "voices" because I've believed this voice was a human being on the outside. Lately I'm beginning to realize that it's just my mind playing tricks on me...you're right the three things the voice does to me is fear, guilt and romantic involvement...I'm sick of being chained to this voice...thanks for your insight....meg new york:p

C

calfellows

Hi Meg,

Most of us here look at them as spirits, possibly humans using astral projection (out-of-body) travel, but not as humans that we know. I've seen a few people insist that it's someone they know, but for the sake of your own sanity, I recommend that you toss that one aside, refuse to accept or dwell on it, in order not to feed it further. What I do is look at any humans involved as spirit possessed, taken over, and this helps me to sort them all into the same bag (spiritual).
The key to this entire mess is "reincarnation", where the dead prey upon the living, where we caught them with their hand in the cookie-jar. Voices since 1967, bad since 1978, and my own book/story may shed some light on the subject:

The truth will set you free:
http://tinyurl.com/4oa2cg

Voices Related Links:
http://forum.s481.sureserver.com/showpost.php?p=1323&postcount=3

Cal

parker

parker

Meg,

Remember that there are more than one explanation to voices, unlike a lot of people on here I think my voices are due to my severe bullying and other traumas.

My voices are down to mental health matters, and not God or other astral things.

However that is my belief and this is not helpful to others on here, but then again their views don't make sense to me.

So I guess what I am trying to say is you have to find the reason that fits you the best, although if you want to get better then maybe see it from a medical perspective.

Hope the voices are not causing too much trouble for you at the moment.

Hugs.

Pyppy x​
If this isn't manipulation i don't know what is:rolleyes:
So I guess what I am trying to say is you have to find the reason that fits you the best, although if you want to get better then maybe see it from a medical perspective.
Nice work of guilt here.

parker

R

RainbowElf

No guilt intended at all, I was just trying to point out that if you want to stop going into hospital as "psychotic" it is best to agree with the doctors that they are medical, that was all, you can beleive what you want and I think you will find I did say that.

Finding life hard enough at the minute without people throwing around accusations about me.

I am also finding it hard to put things into words, so things come out wrong, so don't start.

Manipulation was not intended just pointing out some of the workings of the mental health system.

I will edit it, although people not putting other views on their posts are just as manipulative.

Not going to get into an argument though.

Pyppy x

T

terri

If this isn't manipulation i don't know what is:rolleyes:

Nice work of guilt here.

parker
You don't know what that cost me our Rainbow, I took on board what My no nice doctor said about that back in the 1990's and it rather cost me a lot of ten years when I told him I had been reading a book on schizophrenia and I didn't want it. Good job as well at that time, otherwise I would never have coped and rather strung myself up from the highest wrafters, not unlike a friend of ours, who did that because he could not get an escape from a lovely wife and beautiful daughter and terrific son, who had gone out somewhere from the day, and he phoned the mental health unit down at the QMC and there was no bed for him he committed suicide and who should find him, but his beautiful truly sensitive daughter, and she had time off work, and how she copes with tht flashback I cannot imagine over much, though I do know she is getting on with her life and her mother has joined 'rther a lot of facebook' ha ha, and they are enjoying life, though the son, well, I have no idea, and the guy who committed suicide was a paramedic and before that a rather famous fireman t that time because he was so brave, and he had a tragic head accident, and his best friend who was not half in love with his daughter not for nothing, lives just across the road from me in England and has bought my sister's old not now spooky house, and his ma and my sister were best friends at one time, not until our wusie wrote rather a lot of poems and gave her best pal and copy, and I put them up for people to read in our library, and then when B our Susie's best pal turned up in the library one day, as per normal she just about freaked out and I saw her not again in that library, so I took the poems down, and rather ditched the lot, and our Dawnie she had a rather large bonfire, like six black plastic bags worth without going through them, mmm, now, I wonder....... going off on track.

Well what I mean is, I'm not derailed not for nuttin', now get this our Cal, you've bin quiet, what's up, cat got your tongue as we say in blighty, I am off for a nice tour this morning not like for six hours, roll eyes, and not no more, and one day we are rather 'hoping' to go off to madeira the garden of flowers, so watch this place and please do not go off on one when I say I've rather gone off yo and back on my twue one, so you'd better shape off or I wont go off cwuising without yo not no more and our not nice now dr wedfern him and me are chuffin mates not now cos I know him dont want me to check dem records like Im gonna get rther a lot of determined about so I will rather not half send him not an email not now, and do him a nice hard copy with a nice hard copy for me anall cos I aint half not half not chucked that typewriter with the pin to pick out the holes like i did in the olden days when I could types as fast as my bosses could talk so i could ditch the shorthand which i truly did not like, not like now, not like I like those dolphins who do not now had dat different agenda not like them ants, and now that was a close call and now the wriggly ants and through my brains and aren't they nice and how could anyone pour boiling hot water on them like I did once when I was a girl, and I wish with all my heart I didn't do that, but my dad, he did mek me cos we had a plague of them, and now I've heard about all those fires all over italy and wome and all over the place now then did I dweam it or wos it twue cos I have got myself a telly in my woom and there's someat a bit queer about someat, and I'll not let on not if yo not, all the way from the old US of A and I cant help but feel it's got someat to do wi my first true brown sweetheart who helped me get mi mind off mi first twue love and him turned into the bestest fireman out of the lot bar nun, and our eireen's off to tour and nun's valley where it wont a coconut which dropped on our ed, and that's not all, them gins, they were not for me, it was boil his head face next time, now he has had his head chopped off and he's been took to tower in that rowing boat and it wont a canoe and james bond was there and my poppa henry VIII and who got there first to get me rescued, well James Bond of course, cos I was tied up doing my dweams and then they took him to the tower and locked him in that cowd place in that corner wi nowt to scratch his name on the wall with, excpet his not nice finger, and now he's got no ead on and hims a headless phantom, and it serves him rate and now he goes writhing in the grave not even with a blow hole not like stuff and with rather a lot of worms and not a nice box either, rather just a blanket or four to keep him not half not cold and there he wo lookin at his wreath and it weren't half plastic and he said what's this for on my pillow when i'd ditched that bedybyes place and I said not for yo, not yet, anyhow, cos yo know wht he did, he said you can bury me when you look after me when Im ded and if you are not you can put me in the crem and then I sed go on mek your own mind up and he sed Im not you gotta do it for me and then I sed Im not anall and he sed well it dunna matter cos your dead fost and Im not and yo aint even goin over to slovenia and what a day that wo, how lucky you are mr parker and our elfy havving wonderful supportive partners, now then, does she do the slasher, dont get upset, you daft gel, goo on just tell her to leave that knife alone and just use it to cut some bread and to spread some butter on your bun and get one with some currents cos theres bound to be some teacakes about or some hot cross buns which arent for neaster not no more not until next year when they dont come our until well past january, nar nar, thats not all must po

C

calfellows

RainbowElf,
I can respect your viewpoint 100%. You are definitely allowed. Our beliefs are based upon our own experiences, on what we've seen with our own eyes. These things attacked/assaulted me, and that's what made me the believer. I wont take it any further than this, out of respect for your own beliefs.
Cal

R

RainbowElf

Thank you Cal and I am sorry if I hurt you in any way, not intended at all.

I will have my point of view on here as I am entitled to that and if that hurts some people I am sorry, but remember I get hurt by some of the things that other people say.

All I want to do is help people through this scary time in their, or someone elses life, and I will not let people stop me doing that.

Pyppy x

R

rabina

Thank you Cal and I am sorry if I hurt you in any way, not intended at all.

I will have my point of view on here as I am entitled to that and if that hurts some people I am sorry, but remember I get hurt by some of the things that other people say.

All I want to do is help people through this scary time in their, or someone elses life, and I will not let people stop me doing that.

Pyppy x

Hey Elf,

It's good you want to help people, but I strongly recommend you stop putting out "fake" cries for help.
This did not help me in any way.

As a matter of fact, you caused alot of upset for me, but never again.
Got that off my chest Elf.
I will forgive you though and be much more careful.:)

Take Care Elf.

rabina

parker

parker

It bothers you when you get guilt thrown at you but You don't feel bad about dishing it out. This just blows me away:rolleyes:

R

RainbowElf

Bugger off Parker, you are talking about things you don't even know about.

Leave me alone you silly, small minded idiot. :mad:

Not in the mood for it and I already said I was not dishing out guilt, get past it, this is old news.

Rabina it was not a fake cry for help at all, I really was feeling down, if you get to attached then that is your issue.

Why do you think I did not come online, erm because I was feeling rough.

I did not think that anyone would get that too attached to someone from one post, I was mearly sharing how I feel, just like so many other people do on here.

Forgive me for sharing something that is close to me, something that I feel, something that the voices cause me to feel, is that not what this forum is for?

Oh no it just seems to be about picking out someone to start crap with, which a lot of the time seems to be me because I do not agree with a lot of you on here.

I can see the troops are out to get me again, for f***'s sake, what is it with you people.

Why do I really carry on coming here, there is no support here just sick people causing shit for those trying to give a different view to the mind washing antics of so many, well f*** it, I am not playing anymore, I want to help people but not if it is like this all of the time, it is not worth it, I have enough shit going on in my life and enough stupid people messing me up without you lot too.

Stuff it. :mad:

R

rabina

Elf,

Getting attached Elf: you wouldn't reach out to someone in need???

It doesn't matter to me if the person is on line or a stranger in the street; I tend to "care" about human life.

All human life.

Yeah, I take it very seriously and so should everyone and you're right, it may not be the best place to visit for support so.....

Take Care Elf,
rabina