• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

when theres a high i know they will be a low

• Thread starter Deleted member 92506
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92506

I had an episode of slipping not long ago and that lasted quite a while. Ive tried to get my self out of it by training doesn't always work but I enjoy training. At the moment I feel happy and on a high so to speak but this is never long lived especially because its the time of the month soon for me. prob the reason I feel so happy but could also cry if I see something emotional. I hate feeling so happy and high as I then wait for the low and it always feels so much more worse going from a high instead of a neutral feeling. Also leaves me thinking well something going to happen always does when im happy then the feeling of dread and anxiety steps in. ffs why cant I just be so called normal

D

Deleted member 91323

It is horrible to have our moods drop. Have you ever tried a mood stabiliser? That may reduce the swings.

D

Deleted member 92506

It is horrible to have our moods drop. Have you ever tried a mood stabiliser? That may reduce the swings.
is fluxotine a mood stabiliser, I was on those. It was helping for a while then it was time to up them and I did but then I started with tremors because of them so I stopped taking them. Never tried anything else and just try to learn to cope that's what I always have done. Im always scared tablets would make me worse.

D

Deleted member 91323

No. That is an antidepressant. I could not take that either as I had restless legs. It is a personal choice. Personally medication keeps me more stable. I take an antidepressant and it takes the edge of my depression. I was on mood stabilisers for years too.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I wonder if and when you are having a neutral mood (at peace with yourself and able to feel both sad and also happy when you turn your thoughts onto past events, or think of things that might make you feel sad/happy) it is possible to list the criteria for why you are feeling at peace etc. By writing down and understanding the criteria for that state of mood/mind, it might be possible to channel your thoughts in that direction and create a more prolonged stabilised mood giving a element of control?

D

Deleted member 92506

I wonder if and when you are having a neutral mood (at peace with yourself and able to feel both sad and also happy when you turn your thoughts onto past events, or think of things that might make you feel sad/happy) it is possible to list the criteria for why you are feeling at peace etc. By writing down and understanding the criteria for that state of mood/mind, it might be possible to channel your thoughts in that direction and create a more prolonged stabilised mood giving a element of control?
Hmmmmm true very true may be like you said because I am feeling happy but can be emotional may be this is my neutral. There is more going right at the moment than wrong hahahah and im so excited for xmas I usually get winter blues xmas is the only month I don't. I think when i'm home later that's what i'll do make a list. Thank you

OCDguy

OCDguy

I would avoid things like spending money and anything detrimental to your health etc... I suppose it could be like taking a screenshot of your current mood/state of mind and being able to get back into that zone when you need to...

D

Deleted member 92506

I would avoid things like spending money and anything detrimental to your health etc... I suppose it could be like taking a screenshot of your current mood/state of mind and being able to get back into that zone when you need to...
Thank you, I haven't ever pictured it like that before and it is a nice to look at it from that angle