• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

When therapy stops involving therapy?

B

Barbie12345

my psychologist told me he had a friend Who was in school to become a massage therapist he told me that he thought it would be a good idea if she could come and give me a message in his office, that it would help me relax. It sounded good at first so I said ok, it was free and I kept my clothes on. It was very awkward. A few weeks went bye and he asked me if I wanted her to come back for a fee.. I said no. It kind of makes me mad because it seems to me like he is jus trying to make his friend some more money, I'm wondering why he didnt just give me her card. Another thing is I don't know how to ride a bike and he asked if I wanted him to teach me. This all seems strange to me.. Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this or what his motives could be.

B

Barbie12345

I'm not sure but it has crossed my mind. I'm not sure if it's that or the fact that he's trying to help his friend out or what. He did tell me before that he thinks I'm attractive but he also said that he thinks a lot of me but nothing would could ever happen between us because he has to much respect for me. He's also married. He's made comments on my hair and clothes befor. He has never touched me inappropriately just rubbed my back when I was up set, sometimes holds my hand, and hugs me when I leave. When he goes on vacation he will send me text messages of his trip. Those are some other things that he has done before.

Jimny

Jimny

Hello Barbie and welcome to the forum.
I found the suggestion that his friend should come and give you a massage in his office pretty odd.
I have found myself in a similar situation before now, willing to try anything as in a vulnerable situation. Personally it became too much and something I was no where near prepared for, this may be innocent enough teaching you to ride a bike etc. although the massage part is odd.
What do your instincts tell you? I had a hard time understanding my gut feeling and learnt the hard way.
All the best.

B

Barbie12345

I think he could be doing this to other I don't see what would make him single me out. I've been thinking about if I should or if maybe I'm over reacting. I feel safe but I feel like this is therapy to help me if I wanted to get massages and things like that I would do that on my own time. But then part of me thinks that it's nice that he's going out of his way to help me with things that I need help on like he has helped me with homework for school and things like that which I don't think is in his job description, I'm confused more than anything

Passionflower

Passionflower

I would report him.I had something similar happen to me, only it went much further. His behaviour and comments go way over the line and are very unprofessional especially as it sounds like you are young as you talk about homework.