• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

When someone hurts me I no longer care about them.

E

elliottsmith

I’ve had depression my entire life and i feel like there is definitely something wrong with me, like maybe a personality disorder. I have a hard time connecting with people. I rarely do. When I do thought I find when someone hurts me, even making me suffer through a minor miscommunication or one bad comment I automatically don’t seem to care for them. I’m not easy to be friends with. People put up with me but I don’t put up with anyone. Even if I know they deserve better I can’t seem to make myself care about maintaining a friendship with them. this makes me wonder if i truly care for people. I don’t know if I truly love anyone because I automatically feel completely disconnected to people when they hurt me.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Hi Elliottsmith,

Have you been badly hurt in the past? It sounds like a self defence mechanism...

E

elliottsmith

Hi Elliottsmith,

Have you been badly hurt in the past? It sounds like a self defence mechanism...
yeah i had an emotionally distant mother/ conditional love situation. Also had a bad relationship but i know that’s not to blame. I did the same thing with her... she hurt me once and I shut down.

H

Hannahjay85

I’ve had depression my entire life and i feel like there is definitely something wrong with me, like maybe a personality disorder. I have a hard time connecting with people. I rarely do. When I do thought I find when someone hurts me, even making me suffer through a minor miscommunication or one bad comment I automatically don’t seem to care for them. I’m not easy to be friends with. People put up with me but I don’t put up with anyone. Even if I know they deserve better I can’t seem to make myself care about maintaining a friendship with them. this makes me wonder if i truly care for people. I don’t know if I truly love anyone because I automatically feel completely disconnected to people when they hurt me.
Wow I struggle to talk about how I feel but everything you say I can relate to every word, I wiped people out of my life instantly if they hurt me whether it's a comment or actions even if they don't mean it they are gone out of my life even family anyone, I feel your every word, sorry not to offer advice but I feel you every bit x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hardknocks88 Having a hard time. Need to chat with someone. Depression Forum 2
M Someone talk? Depression Forum 35
K I wish I could be normal. Most of the time, I wish I could be someone else. Depression Forum 6
K Can someone who was born with depression, drink alcohol at all? Depression Forum 7
L Please someone talk to me.... Depression Forum 5
D Someone help me please... I'm so numb I could harm myself Depression Forum 5
H Can someone pass away of depression & loneliness? Depression Forum 8
J how to help someone who doesn't want help Depression Forum 4
A Dating someone depressed: What can I do? Depression Forum 3
Y Reaching out to someone in need Depression Forum 3
Catty5 Alone....need someone to talk. Depression Forum 18
F Writing a letter to someone who has passed and keeping a blog Depression Forum 5
H Supporting someone with depression Depression Forum 2
A Wish i had someone to talk to Depression Forum 10
lifecangetbetter how can someone have EVERYTHING and the other have hardly ANYTHING Depression Forum 17
N Hope this helps someone Depression Forum 6
H How do I support someone with depression? Depression Forum 16
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
M Someone would like to talk by call sometime ? Depression Forum 3
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
L Living with Someone You Hate Depression Forum 18
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
J Hello All. Living with someone in depression Depression Forum 1
S Flirting with someone who's more successful than you Depression Forum 17
L does someone want to chat about SSRIs and failing meds? Depression Forum 5
L NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
L I just want someone to care.... Depression Forum 4
K How to help someone who has tried to commit suicide (two times) Depression Forum 6
S Someone tell I will be okay Depression Forum 8
W Advice needed for a relationship with someone suffering with severe depression Depression Forum 6
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
S Do you think gender actually matters when diagnosing someone? Depression Forum 3
M Looking for someone I can seriously speek Depression Forum 7
M Ever feel like you want someone elses life? Depression Forum 25
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
M Can someone listen to me? Depression Forum 19
Gigglypuff sad inside So this is my life story. Can someone give me advice ? Depression Forum 2
M Can someone share some meds experience? Depression Forum 2
K New here just after someone to listen Depression Forum 2
A when you're feeling low and someone asks you how you are, Depression Forum 11
D How to date someone with depression. Depression Forum 1
V Advice for someone who is alone Depression Forum 6
G Can anyone help i just need someone to talk to Depression Forum 6
T someone ask me if im okay!! Depression Forum 2
D It’s hard becoming someone you don’t know anymore. Depression Forum 1
Z Choosing between helping someone you love and helping yourself Depression Forum 7
midnightphoenix please can someone destroy me? Depression Forum 13
A Imagining about conversations with someone else Depression Forum 2
H i just need someone to talk to. i don't want to live anymore Depression Forum 29
G Just need someone to talk to Depression Forum 9