When is exercise okay?

J

Jill15

I've been struggling with an eating disorder for about 7 months now. Days where I just don't eat or eat very little. I used to exercise as a way to make me feel better but I cut it out when I realized what I was doing. Now, I'm really feeling anxious because of school stress and I want to go on a run. I don't know how to do it in a healthy way. Anyone know if I should go for a run? And how I could maybe make it healthy and not bad for my physical health? Or maybe I should forget it for now.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

:welcome: to the forum. Definitely eat enough healthy food. Don't worry about exercise just yet. Wait till you're eating good first.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Do you mean because you have not eaten enough for your energy? Maybe a walk would be better if you are worried about that.

J

Jill15

Yeah. Definitely not eating recommended amount of food a day. I try to eat something but it usually isn't very big. Guess I'll stick with walks for now.

J

Jill15

Thanks :) don't really know how to go about eating well yet. Any advice?

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Have you seen a doctor about your ED?
You can get meal plans online for ED recovery, so maybe looking at them could help? Or going to a support group could help.

M

Mahbub Alam

go to youtube and search here you may find your answer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Eating Disorders Forum 2
V Eating Disorders Forum 1
P Eating Disorders Forum 3
C Eating Disorders Forum 3