When is a good person considered bad

S

sci31A

Say for instance you stood up to people that did one or all of the following:

1. Individuals that try to wear you down emotionally and make you feel bad.
2. Individuals that treat you like a second class citizen
3. Individuals that enjoyed your pain and/or suffering and try to make it worse
4. '' '' that try to tell you your own self worth
5. '' '' that physically push you out of their way and are rude as hell
6. People that try to cause trouble or create trouble were there is none
7. People that harass you and/or try to provoke you
8. Individuals that discriminate against you for not walking, talking, dressing and quacking like they do.

I think that covers it there maybe more. Despite all of the bad things above for standing up to such people I get classified as the bad person. By who? less than the people trying to cover up all of the above.

Bad people spend so often twisting the truth with lies deceit and misdirection often a person standing up to an injustice is often portrayed as the bad person instead for fighting such injustice.

So I ask you when does a good person become bad? when he decides to fight back with either or both fists and words? Or to sit back and do nothing?

So I ask you when does a good person become bad?

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If you tried harder to direct all that energy you spend hating all these people and allowing who they are consume you as a person, actually into finding better people and getting on with your life - I reckon you'd be a lot happier.

Work on becoming more self assured!?! do your best to cultivate moral understanding and make sure you never to lose sight of compassion..

Or you might just find yourself being that list and then they really did win :)

S

sci31A

Noted. But I have never done any of the above. I was merely venting after dealing with bad people.

If ever I fight back it is with either or both words and my fists as a last resort.

I never start trouble. Though I have been known to end trouble a few times.

It's like tiltawhirl said ''all it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing''.

I'm not one for sitting back and letting bad people do bad things.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

For what it is worth, I was in a similar situation some years back. I tried and tried to carry on as the people were all in a group where I was very much involved. Tried ignoring it - hopeless. Tried fighting back (not physically) - even worse. I was one of a whole set of people who were vilified - think that is the word I want!
In the end I walked away and it was the best decision I ever made.

Saddest thing is that the group was a Christian church and the behaviour of the nasty people was definitely not Christian. Just so happens that, in the process, I realised that the faith was not for me anyway. I found a whole new path in my life.

Hope the above makes some sort of sense. Brain not quite functioning yet

Kerome

Kerome

I think that with very few exceptions nobody is truly bad, people who appear so have generally been badly hurt themselves, and are expressing their inner pain. We all start as innocent children, carrying the fragile love of that state, and it's through learned behaviours that some people lose that. Inside they still carry the wounded child that they were, though.

The problem that you have is you are reacting to their wounded behaviour, and you may do yourself and them further damage. I would try hard not to let my anger and irritation get the upper hand, in the end that is merely going to make it more difficult for you to stay in a peaceful inner space yourself.

Most of the things you list above are things people do when they are acting out, it might cause irritation but unless you have a very thin skin or are feeling particularly entitled they shouldn't cause you to react in a major way. The correct response is pity or feeling sorry for them, or an attempt to teach better, more respectful behaviour if you feel up to it.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Say for instance you stood up to people that did one or all of the following:

1. Individuals that try to wear you down emotionally and make you feel bad.
2. Individuals that treat you like a second class citizen
3. Individuals that enjoyed your pain and/or suffering and try to make it worse
4. '' '' that try to tell you your own self worth
5. '' '' that physically push you out of their way and are rude as hell
6. People that try to cause trouble or create trouble were there is none
7. People that harass you and/or try to provoke you
8. Individuals that discriminate against you for not walking, talking, dressing and quacking like they do.

I think that covers it there maybe more. Despite all of the bad things above for standing up to such people I get classified as the bad person. By who? less than the people trying to cover up all of the above.

Bad people spend so often twisting the truth with lies deceit and misdirection often a person standing up to an injustice is often portrayed as the bad person instead for fighting such injustice.

So I ask you when does a good person become bad? when he decides to fight back with either or both fists and words? Or to sit back and do nothing?

So I ask you when does a good person become bad?
Noted. But I have never done any of the above. I was merely venting after dealing with bad people.

If ever I fight back it is with either or both words and my fists as a last resort.

I never start trouble. Though I have been known to end trouble a few times.

It's like tiltawhirl said ''all it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing''.

I'm not one for sitting back and letting bad people do bad things.
I tend to agree pretty much with what blueflames and kerome, have to say in relation to this matter.

We all happen upon people who behave in the way you describe, as we go through life. Sometimes it's directed at ourselves, sometimes at others. The impetus to intervene and set them straight can be very strong, especially as so many just keep their heads down.

You say you never start trouble, but have been known to end it, either verbally or with your fists. If you resort to physical violence and aggression, this can be construed as trouble in and of itself. Please take care and tread carefully, cos however justified you may feel, it's an infraction of the Law - and you could end up before a Magistrate :)

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Many years ago now, I read a book called 'The boy called it' it was a harrowing auto-biography of the man's extremely abusive up-bringing. I couldn't bring myself to read the second book, but found in a book shop 'The man called [name escapes me]' so got it to see how things turned out for him...

He ended up with a successful career, wife, kids..and seemed happy=) Then he went on to basically state that people who didn't help themselves out of bad situations deserve what they get and that there was no excuse etc..etc.. (I stopped reading it fairly quicky) and I remember thinking how sad it was to find what a bitter, un-compassionate, cold and judgemental little person he had actually become! not un-like some of the people he had encountered in his own life.

Like kerome said, no one is bad, they are normally just in pain (as are you) but if you let people's judgement and spitefulness turn you judgemental and spiteful, then you end up just them.
Feeling a sense of injustice is one thing, but pointing hateful fingers will not help you in the long run.

As for judging other's morals and ethics against your own; be careful because unless you really are whiter than white, you will always find people with a higher moral standing and better ethics - and how you gonna feel if they then judge you??

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes its true there are always people worse off and always people who are happy to judge or give you a good pasting Thats it - You need to worry about yourself more and the morals you have, forget about others I know it's easier said than done, but there will always be nasty bastards in this world who are ready to eat you up and spit you out without a thought.

What makes a bad person you ask?

Well everyone is born equal - as in we are all innocent children, then things come along, muddy the water so to speak, we get hurt, afraid, injured, not enough nurture, all these things mould who we are.

That's what I think anyway

KS
xxx