When having panic attacks, do you feel as if your heart rate is very low?

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I just had a panic attack and I was wondering has anyone ever felt as if their heart has stopped or more importantly to me, has it felt as if it was beating very very slowly or low. It just happened to me and I'm scared, I haven't felt like I was going to pass out since my first panic attack. For the past week I've been scared and had health anxiety of my heart, could my thoughts of my heart have caused this?

L

Landslide0804

I just had a panic attack and I was wondering has anyone ever felt as if their heart has stopped or more importantly to me, has it felt as if it was beating very very slowly or low. It just happened to me and I'm scared, I haven't felt like I was going to pass out since my first panic attack. For the past week I've been scared and had health anxiety of my heart, could my thoughts of my heart have caused this?
Hi Buzbuzz,

Yes, this happens. Ive been off work for three weeks with exactly the same thing. Usually I'm used to getting paranoid that my heart beat is too fast (and kinda got used to it) but then I got so stressed with work that I was listening to my heart and getting paranoid and thinking it wasnt beating. It happened all day every day and now mostly at night.

I think it's called acute anxiety.

Hope you've stopped feeling like this. I found the best thing that's been helping me is looking after myself by being away from work stress, drawing and a bit of exercise (when I pluck up the courage)

Take care :hug:

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Hi Buzbuzz,

Yes, this happens. Ive been off work for three weeks with exactly the same thing. Usually I'm used to getting paranoid that my heart beat is too fast (and kinda got used to it) but then I got so stressed with work that I was listening to my heart and getting paranoid and thinking it wasnt beating. It happened all day every day and now mostly at night.

I think it's called acute anxiety.

Hope you've stopped feeling like this. I found the best thing that's been helping me is looking after myself by being away from work stress, drawing and a bit of exercise (when I pluck up the courage)

Take care :hug:
Thanks for the response, I hope things get better for you.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Mine is the opposite. I feel as if mine is going to burst it’s beating so fast. Now I’m on betablockers and that has helped slow it down a bit but it’s still way above normal

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

my heart goes to like 190 bpm i throw up cry then it drops back to normal god i need help :unsure: