• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

When did you realize you were suffering with anxiety?

Faith198

Faith198

I'd say I was 8 or 9 before it was noticed as not normal. Because I was getting sick to my stomach and missing school to much so I was taken to a doctor who recommended a counselor. But I as you was always shy even sometimes around my own parents.
Aw I’m sorry 😔 I remember getting that way before school too, not fun. Hopefully you’re coping with it a little better now though? Or at least I hope it’s gotten some better 💚

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

oh wow I’m so sorry about all of that, I’m glad everything is going alright now. I know it will always be a bumpy road but seeking help was a great thing to do. It’s inspiring to me.

I’ve been dealing with it since I was a teen (also the time I was diagnosed) I think it could have went on before then but I’m not sure. I stopped therapy for a lot of years and medication due to a lot going on. I use to not leave my house.

I’ve been back on meds and I’m starting therapy up again. I feel great about it even though it was hard to tell them how bad it was. Idk whether the abuse in my family led to it or if I was already going to have it. Either way I’m working on it. Hopefully more good keeps coming my way. Your way too 😊
I wish you the best of happiness. It takes a strong person to admit they need help-too many folks don't and instead try and bury their problems in drink or drugs. There is no solution in doing those thinks, you have to address the issues head on. Asking for help can be tough, but it's the first step in a far happier life for most folks.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Aw I’m sorry 😔 I remember getting that way before school too, not fun. Hopefully you’re coping with it a little better now though? Or at least I hope it’s gotten some better 💚
It has good time and bad times, I have come to accepted that for the most part. But school was the worse. Reading in front of class or school presentations. So glad that stuff is over with 😅 I hope you are finding some peace in yourself too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
5 Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6