• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

When did you last treat yourself...

Unique1

Unique1

I've spent the last couple of years the majority of the time worrying,panicking,being low,hiding, trying to survive.

I've just had a very large piece of chocolate fresh cream cake with ice cream and it felt good.

I'm going to try and notice a little more ,those naughty but nice moments, as there aren't many but they are worth noticing when i can.....

:)

katya

katya

I've spent the last couple of years the majority of the time worrying,panicking,being low,hiding, trying to survive.

I've just had a very large piece of chocolate fresh cream cake with ice cream and it felt good.

I'm going to try and notice a little more ,those naughty but nice moments, as there aren't many but they are worth noticing when i can.....

:)
You sound like me. :hug:

katya

katya

I've not really treated myself yet and I've been off school for a few days now. I've been through a break-up, I'm worried I haven't started any work yet (typical) and I've been ill. I'm catching up with Better Call Saul today, which is quite nice - but it feels like more of a distraction/procrastination technique than a treat.

Unique1

Unique1

I've not really treated myself yet and I've been off school for a few days now. I've been through a break-up, I'm worried I haven't started any work yet (typical) and I've been ill. I'm catching up with Better Call Saul today, which is quite nice - but it feels like more of a distraction/procrastination technique than a treat.
Yes break ups stop us in our tracks, they are really horrible I understand.
Sounds to me like you are due a treat �� as we know it doesn't have to be a big treat just something that has a little feel good factor ��

SarahD

SarahD

I have had a crappy few years for other reasons. Relying on the mental health services to help me has been a bad idea. I think it is time I tried harder to help myself, and looking for small things/experiences to make me feel good/start finding out how to enjoy things again, is one place to start.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Since I split from my partner ive treated myself to posh chocolate, I have a little each day. I like nice coffee, tea and hot chocolates too.... Would rather those than eat tbh.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Today's was Morrison's special cappuchino milk chocolate :) very nice

shaky

shaky

Instead of making a packed lunch I splashed out and bought
Cappuccino
Chicken, pesto, salad panino

in a coffee shop

Unique1

Unique1

I have had a crappy few years for other reasons. Relying on the mental health services to help me has been a bad idea. I think it is time I tried harder to help myself, and looking for small things/experiences to make me feel good/start finding out how to enjoy things again, is one place to start.
Just what I was thinking.....it's seems a good place to start. �� x

Unique1

Unique1

Since I split from my partner ive treated myself to posh chocolate, I have a little each day. I like nice coffee, tea and hot chocolates too.... Would rather those than eat tbh.
It kinda even feels good to hear you telling us about your posh chocolate �� xx

Unique1

Unique1

Instead of making a packed lunch I splashed out and bought
Cappuccino
Chicken, pesto, salad panino

in a coffee shop

Sounds good to me. Sometimes we do things like this without thinking, when actually it can feel really nice...enjoy :) x

Unique1

Unique1

That has actually made me get up and make myself a latte, not as nice as yours as its only from a packet.
Sounds lovely :) x
Just realised maybe.shes.a.wildflower that your talking about chocolate and not a drink..think I need chocolate now, that sounds so delish!! X

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I love a good latte too, aslong as its skinny milk