• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

When did you first notice something was wrong?

A

Affective

For me it was when I saw Jesus in my room.

BillFish

BillFish

Mine was very gradual over a period of years, actually I wrote a book about it and published via lulu.Just three copies for myself. Believe it or not my mother in law wanted a copy.She is so open minded, good job as it reads like a disaster movie.

I did everything except actually die during the first years from alcohol abuse to ending up in court, to living rough in the countryside and being pinned faced down in the street by six policemen and lying injured on an operating table.And yet I still remain a happy go lucky prat, the only way from rock bottom, is up lol.:p

A

Apotheosis

With hindsight - when I realised that I had discovered an Alien plot being run by the Devil to turn most of the population of the World into Zombies.

D

dreambuggieII

Apoth

You never fail to make me smile. Thank you.

Reading a book on goddesses.....very good. Very peaceful.

Have a nice day

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGPhUr-T6UM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGPhUr-T6UM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

F

Frings

when i went to the police station and told them someone was trying to kill me... there wasnt of course it was jsut my paranoia, but they suggested i go to a&e which i did.. i think that was the turning point for me with regards to insight of mental illness

A

Affective

when i went to the police station and told them someone was trying to kill me... there wasnt of course it was jsut my paranoia, but they suggested i go to a&e which i did.. i think that was the turning point for me with regards to insight of mental illness
Don't Police always first assume we are on drugs?

F

Frings

Don't Police always first assume we are on drugs?
to be honest i dont remember it that well as it was about 5 years ago.. they probably did ask about drugs im not sure.. i know he cautioned me not to visit a pub before i went to a&e.....

iffybob

iffybob

Ever

I knew I was not like others for ages.......

....... I did not get help till I came round in an ally one night, not knowing how long I had been there, when I got there or how, and I had not even touched drugs, or alkihol.........:(

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
long time but still remember

bill fish i tried everything to kill myself too and people always help you out dont they, bastardslol i was sitting alone in my bedroom listening to music when i heard echos of voices that i could hardly make out i always was having strange ideas like people across the street had sneaked into my house and put a camera in my bedroom even tho it looked nothing like a camera. buy my mum always said that if i got something in my head i could never be brought round i cried for 3 solid days after seeing the film ET i thought he had died and no one else could convince me otherwise.

V

Vincent

It was over a few months when voices were telling me to throw cups of water at my light fitting and touch the inside of my speakers,and i was smoking marijuana which was making it worse,i thought michelle pfeiffer was trying to destroy me among loads of other things,it was really bad,it all came to a head when i wrecked the house in desperation and was put in a hospital.:(

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Like many I had a very traumatic childhood.The signs were there but nobody picked up on it except possibly a few of my classmates.
More recently I had delusions of cameras in lightbulbs.My wife had a blemish on her lips which I thought was a camera.Sounds ridiculous but at the time I was utterly convinced.I was hospitalised after climbing onto my roof.My brother took me to a&e and I was sectioned.Eventually I was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia which I did not accept.It's taken years and powerful antipsychotic medication to partially recover from this first official psychotic experience and to come to terms with my diagnosis.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I lied my way out of the psychiatric ward much to the dissapointment of my family when they discovered I was still ill.Like many schizophrenics I live in fear of the next episode and of the side effects from the drugs.

Star-28

Star-28

Hmmm... I had several psychotic episodes back to back, but one of the funniest (not at the time but it is now) was when the dust particles in the heater started yelling at me. We're burning!! Help us!! So I started digging out the dust with q-tips and duct taping them to individually wrapped paper. Then I placed them all in a ziploc bag and ran outside to bury them in my back yard.

It was night time, and while I was out there a helicopter flew over and I jumped in the bushes thinking the helicopter was full of people trying to look for me. Ha!!! After that it was just one psychotic episode after another.. along with everything else, depression, etc... :unsure:

J

Jess...

Hmmm... I had several psychotic episodes back to back, but one of the funniest (not at the time but it is now) was when the dust particles in the heater started yelling at me. We're burning!! Help us!! So I started digging out the dust with q-tips and duct taping them to individually wrapped paper. Then I placed them all in a ziploc bag and ran outside to bury them in my back yard.
Star, that is the funniest delusion I have heard of. You made me lol. It must have been scary and stressful at the time though.

Last edited by a moderator: