When and how did you find out

Keesha

Keesha

...... you have BPD?

How many of the disorders listed do you have?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
from what I remember ,years ago my CPN referred to me having it to the psychiatrist while I was in the room but I knew way before then that I had it because of my symptoms x

Keesha

Keesha

Do you get frustrated with people easily?
I don’t seem to have the social skills other people do and I find it frustrating at times.
Is this common with BPD

4EVRHSP

4EVRHSP

Do you get frustrated with people easily?
I don’t seem to have the social skills other people do and I find it frustrating at times.
Is this common with BPD
I found out from my psychiatrist at the time. I knew about BDP a little bit before then but started to research it more deeply after I got diagnosed. It makes a lot of sense because it matches a lot of my behaviour and relationship patterns.

Yes I do get frustrated easily with people, but it isn't exactly a symptom of BPD

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i was diagnosed shortly after i turned 18, but i have a feeling child mental health services knew since i was 16 because they dismissed me quite abruptly with no further help knowing i was still in a bad place

H

Helen73

I always knew that I had something that was wrong or different about me from other people but it only made sense when diagnosed with BPD 3 years ago. After doing some research it seemed to fit who I am and the behaviours I was displaying. I was told whilst in hospital.

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

...... you have BPD?

How many of the disorders listed do you have?
I'm quite new to my diagnosis, as it's only been a few weeks. My journey to discover was rather inadvertent. During a session with my therapist, I had been venting about an ex-friend, who my therapist suspected suffered from BPD. I had heard of this disorder before but didn't know much about it. While researching, I was shocked to learn how well I felt the symptoms and description of the disorder fit me. This realization consumed me and I ended up making a list which was accumulated of all the symptoms I experienced and a description of how and when I experienced them. During my next session, I went over the list with my therapist. He took it home, did some comparing, contrasting and comprehending and agreed that I was definitely on the BPD spectrum.

Keesha

Keesha

Is it a bit odd that a member would join the site and in less than 5 minutes send me a personal conversation stating that he’d do everything in his power to help me while scripting the bible?

Do I report something like this or just let it go?

I found it a bit on the creepy side.

E

EstherRose94

Idk I guess it’s up to you. I’ve had some helpful private conversations on here but my personal rule is that we stick to talking about MH and I don’t give identifying personal information. I use the forum as a therapeutic tool for myself and while I appreciate personal connections that come up organically through that, I wouldn’t be comfy with someone like jumping straight to wanting to get cozy for no reason.

But maybe the person was just giving you some support. From one message it’s hard to say 🙈 trust your gut.

Keesha

Keesha

Yes! Trust my gut. I didn’t even need to ask.

This forum is new to me still so I wasn’t sure if that was customary.

I’m not comfortable privately chatting with anyone and if there was a way to add that to a profile I would.

Thank you Esther Rose 🌹

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

Is it a bit odd that a member would join the site and in less than 5 minutes send me a personal conversation stating that he’d do everything in his power to help me while scripting the bible?

Do I report something like this or just let it go?

I found it a bit on the creepy side.
I'm thinking that whoever this person is, is someone who's doing this to each person they come across... One of those chain-letter trolls... They might be someone who means well but I wouldn't give them any personal information. Just thank them for their interest in helping you and be on your way, lol.

I apologize for the late response!

megirl

megirl

If you have any concerns please report it xx

Keesha

Keesha

I'm thinking that whoever this person is, is someone who's doing this to each person they come across... One of those chain-letter trolls... They might be someone who means well but I wouldn't give them any personal information. Just thank them for their interest in helping you and be on your way, lol.

I apologize for the late response!
That’s exactly what I did and haven’t hurt anything since. I’m hoping my post scared him/her off so they don’t do this to others.
Some people prey on fragile or vulnerable people . It might not be the case but it’s not something I wanted to investigate further.

Thank you for responding

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

That’s exactly what I did and haven’t hurt anything since. I’m hoping my post scared him/her off so they don’t do this to others.
Some people prey on fragile or vulnerable people . It might not be the case but it’s not something I wanted to investigate further.

Thank you for responding

Smart girl! Better to be safe than sorry!

L

Lockpon

First I was diagnosed with bi-polar type 2 about a year ago, then my diagnosis was refined to BPD as I seemed to fit that profile better a few months later.

I knew something was wrong with me because my emotions seemed to be on such a ridiculous level no one quite related to but I chalked it down to depression and severe anxiety. Having received a BPD diagnosis, my emotions now make a lot more sense to me because while I could have periods of extreme horrible emotions I could also have periods of extreme happiness (hypomania) too.

Keesha

Keesha

It seems like a lot of people are misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder before being diagnosed with BPD. This is a bit disturbing but makes sense since symptoms are so similar.

Thanks for sharing Lockpon

Screechout

Screechout

I was first diagnosed in the summer last year after a particularly bad breakdown from a break up, I was already under the services at the time. I had the year before been diagnosed with bipolar, but then after a lot of admissions last year to the mental health unit and seeing a lot of different mental health professionals, they all agreed on a diagnosis of bpd.

Keesha

Keesha

Another person first diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

What type of medication were you given and did they change the prescription Rossci?

How do you now feel about your diagnosis?