What's Your Poison?

M

Mastiff mom

I grew up in a drug culture in my home. My mother was a drug dealer and I found out in my adult life that she taught me to smoke a joint when I was four. That shocked me. Growing up I had easy access to all kinds of drugs and used them along with alcohol. I got sober at 18 and it took a few years before I was back using. I didn't know I was bipolar until I was 35 and learned substance abuse can be common. The past month and a half I've been drinking. Not my drug of choice but easy access. I have just made a commitment to stop-- I know alcohol isn't a good combination with my meds and it has upset my husband and I don't want to hurt myself or others. I'm feeling insecure about this choice because the compulsions can be so strong and I feel better under the influence. It helps me deal with loneliness and that empty, depressed feeling. I'm just struggling with stressful situations making it more difficult. But I am hopeful I can do it.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I very much admire your commitment to stop drinking Mastiff mom; I will be praying for success for you. :hug: xx

B

bonobo

The internet, particularly forums & Youtube. Also, binge eating & having something in particular to obsess over.

So I'm a bit fucked up :(

C

comfortably numb

Lots of different poisons.

Hello, over the years a mixture of diyhdrocodeine, oramorph, codeine phosphate, tramadol and speed. The doctor did put me on prozac and a sleeping tablet a while back which I just stopped taking. Tramadol I don't really get any feeling so don't take them any more. I get none of the above prescribed and never have. Just what I get off people. Obviously the speed I buy off people. Hate myself and what I do. As I get older and the job I'm in I should know better. I am ashamed of myself though.

Ididntcreatetheuniverse

Ididntcreatetheuniverse

I just took some vicodin...and ambien but at least I quit drinking!

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Diet Coke, Nicotine, Caffeine, Energy Drinks, Diphenhydramine HCL, and Alcohol Alcohol Alcohol. Oh and Guaifenesin I find it useful at times as well.

The Duellist

The Duellist

It's alcohol, but not because I'm addicted per se. Rather, I'm bored and lonely, consequently I go out, and of course I drink.

B

brittany.smart0316

:panic:cigarettes are my poison, but unfortunately, they haven't been helping with my anxiety, and if I don't have a cigarette, I can be really irritable.
P.S. they stink and make your breathe and everything about you stink:yuck:

Last edited:
B

brittany.smart0316

:panic:cigarettes are my poison, but unfortunately, they haven't been helping with my anxiety, and if I don't have a cigarette, I can be really irritable.
P.S. they stink and make your breathe and everything about you stink:yuck:
Um I forgot to mention what nicotine does to me, it makes me regurgitate:eek:

Cry-Baby

Cry-Baby

My preferred poison(s)? Pharmaceuticals such as opiates and benzodiazepines. I am prescribed Clonazepam for my anxiety, and I, admittedly, take more than needed sometimes.

A

aspieguy84

Weed, pills,fast cars and women.....I should mention I'm married........ I stay stoned most of the time, even when working.....I work at night by myself, limited contact with people, however the people I come in contact with all smoke weed too, so it works. I like tramadols, oxy's, perk's, vicodin, Norco's etc. If I have them, ill take em. I don't go out if my way and hunt them down tho usually. Fast cars...... O theres just something about going fast..... being a little reckless.... Women.... I love women..... well just leave it at that.....

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

weed.

Not a huge fan of anything else. Ive tried most everything...:(

weed is the bomb. Anything else has too many shite side effects, weed has zero. Plus the benefit of calming me the hell down like nothing else.

Legal MMJ is coming to Australia and I will most likely be one of the first prescribed it as ive been using it for decades to successfully self treat my BPD and Bipolar II and all the other letters.