• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whats your experience with cannabis?

W

whatdidyousay?

Founding Member
what is your experience with cannabis?

J

jamesdean

it helped me tremendously 4 10 years when other medication just didnt help but i was told i should try 2 find something from the doctor n eventually got myself off it n now i'm safelly on ad's which work n i wouldnt advocate its use

A

Apotheosis

Smoked it very heavily from 11 -28. I used to use all kinds of apparatus to get as high as possible - bongs, hot knives, buckets, waterfalls, & lungs; the latter involved different ways of filling 1-2 litre plastic bottles with smoke & inhaling the contents. I have to say that I absolutely loved cannabis & I still do. But along with feeling good it made me feel incredibly paranoid & exasperated psychosis, so its a no no now. I would smoke up to a half ounce a day & do anything I could to make sure I always had it. I had to have a lot of help to get off the stuff & it was harder than any other drug I took to stop smoking. More so than coke which I'd used daily for years in my 20's.

I have tried it once again in the 7 years I have been off it, one day last year - I thought I would be able to take it & leave it. As soon as I had the first toke I just wanted more & smoked a quarter that evening. It was very hard to stop again after just that one day. Don't do drugs kids. :p

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it makes me paranoid, i resent people offering it me even after i've made clear why i need to avoid it

My neighbours growing it outside, i worry about the police blaming me for the plants, i also worry that my neighbour by getting into that scene will just increas the problem people making a nuisance in the area

My neighbours black i hear him arguing with his girlfriend about the sick, sometimes i'm mentioned, i'm not saying anything but the girl would disapear pretty fast if he went on the sick and been black with a diagnosis is nasty if he could even get one

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I only tried it a few times and it gave me really bad headaches, I also tried acid once and never again. I was totally paranoid and was really scared. Im sure to this day it had some lasting effect on me cos my times of psychosis are very similar.

Im glad i didnt like either cosi dont know if id have got into problems with them

M

margarete1967

Founding Member
Years ago I was a heavy smoker of cannabis and I have to admit at the time I enjoyed the effect it gave me.
Then a few years ago I tried skunk. I smoked it cos it gave me a better high. Never again. I can honestly say that it made me paranoid and anxious. It made me too scared to ever smoke it again and I havent. i blame the skunk for the way I felt, which was at some times pretty suicidal. A lot of my husbands friends smoke it heavily and they admit that they also get moments of paranoia and depression.
I know sometimes that it feels like it helps but it doesnt in the long run,beleive me it made my depression a lot worse.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Reading through the comments on this subject makes me realise that I'm glad I've never tried it.

Aahbut

Aahbut

I smoked cannabis almost 40 years ago, when it was quite tame in comparison to today's mind kicking varieties. It made me hungry and gave me the giggles, hardly worth the bother in my opinion. It certainly never made me paranoid. On the other hand some years later oil was the thing and that felt like being hit by a speeding mattress. I wasn't overly keen on it though as I preferred staying in control. Ironic considering I went on to far worse drugs, yet became addicted to none of them, and I tried the lot.

D

Dollit

Take it from one who was a very heavy user and supplemented their own habits by "encouraging" others to use, it is not good. It's pretty harmless in some people but it isn't worth finding out if you're one of them. I left my last pub just after I stopped using it and other stuff and drinking. They had to plaster up holes all over the flat where I used to punch the walls after smoking cannabis. Heaven knows what I thought was behind the walls but I was convinced something was. I have no doubt at all it has contributed to the seriousness of my illness.

P

putki

iv smoked cannabis befor in my early years when i had (hair lol) i mean it was good then evry one was doing it. i look back now and think man what a waste of time was that allways being high and monged out of your head as they say it leads to phycosis.. from my experiance i would say stay away from drugs its not worth it !!!!

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
The best it got was giggly and hungry...the worst was when someone had put pcp in it and I took my motorcycle of a low cliff thinking I could fly with it.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have smoked cannabis for years.Find it helps me relax in the evening.Problems start when I stop,find it makes me anxious and paranoid for a couple of weeks.Would like to stay off cannabis completely,but it's hard to say no when it's offered.

J

jamesdean

Have smoked cannabis for years.Find it helps me relax in the evening.Problems start when I stop,find it makes me anxious and paranoid for a couple of weeks.Would like to stay off cannabis completely,but it's hard to say no when it's offered.
I smoked it for ten years and i thought that i would be smoking it forever because it had such great qualities such has one big massive dhill out people used to love my :D but honestly its just disgustling dirty really like smoking and I'm so glad I dont have the need to live behind that hazy life style any more since 2004 and 2006 with the fags any one can give them up because you think that they are good for your nerves etc but my nerves are better now this side, the more streessed the more I would inhale but it dosent do your head any good at all, The only thing that I miss about a spliff it was good for paranoia. I wish there was a drug for this. Though they say cannabis causes poor mh, I thought the opposite really because it helped me though I much prefer the ad's now because I can sleep the fags and the spliff would keep me a wake all night,
Take care and I hope this helps jd:cool:

U

ultimatim

it made me paranoid!

smoked cannabis on and off from the age of 14 till 35

i had many differing responses to it

ranging from: extreme hilarity where i could be in hysterics and have everyone else in hysterics all night

to: feeling acutely paranoid,not being able speak and feeling as if i was completely in a world of my own

i think a lot depended on who i was smoking it with at the time

acid and mushrooms were my drug of choice,i really did have some wonderful highs and experiences i will never forget

i think the fact that me and my associates at the time once did a 2 week trip on mushrooms has a lot to do with my problems now:oops: