• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whats your biggest fear?

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

That I'll never see my dog again (this terrifies me and kickstarts the panic attacks), that I'll die in a really bad way, that I'll lose my mind/memories before dying, that I'll harm or kill someone one day, that I'll do anything that majorly breaches my moral code (like murder), that I'll drown, that I'll be stabbed or disfigured whilst I'm out or be raped, or lose my limbs or fingers, fire's a big one too... gosh just so many. I'm also afraid of tights spaces and getting stuck in a life. But yeah I'd rather die soon that die in 40-50 years time and in a really awful way. Life is scary.

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

Oh forgot about acid-attacks. Those have been spreading throughout London over the last several years, and they make me worried. People have accidentally had acid thrown at them just for being too close to an individual or group who were being targeted.

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

Also, home invasions have always scared me. And another HUGE one is having a loved one die, especially in a really bad way.

S

Scapes1986

Oh forgot about acid-attacks. Those have been spreading throughout London over the last several years, and they make me worried. People have accidentally had acid thrown at them just for being too close to an individual or group who were being targeted.
That's awful! I've heard of it! So bad! I'm more scared of electrical fires. Like things short circuiting. But sharks scare me too!

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

That's awful! I've heard of it! So bad! I'm more scared of electrical fires. Like things short circuiting. But sharks scare me too!
Electrical fires would be very scary! Especially because they affect every part of your body all at once so fast. Thankfully, I don't live anywhere near sharks. But I always felt rather uncomfortable at the beach whenever I went into the water because of the potential for jellyfish or shark attacks. That, and drowning. I can't swim lol

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

I get scared of being assassinated in some weird dream cycle.
Like having to relive it over and over again? I've had some pretty crazy dreams about running from the law, despite never having been arrested. The dreams always wind up with me committing suicide. That's always scared me.

S

Scapes1986

Electrical fires would be very scary! Especially because they affect every part of your body all at once so fast. Thankfully, I don't live anywhere near sharks. But I always felt rather uncomfortable at the beach whenever I went into the water because of the potential for jellyfish or shark attacks. That, and drowning. I can't swim lol
I would hate to be stranded on an island with only fishing as a way to eat. Also scared of bug bites!

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

Bees too!
Gosh bees would be terrible! Added to that very loud scary sound that they make... they are rather scary little things. I was always terrified that my dog would get stung by a bee. When I was little though, and a bit more fearless, my brother and I used to beat them up with tennis rackets if they got too close. I was a terrible child lol

S

Scapes1986

Gosh bees would be terrible! Added to that very loud scary sound that they make... they are rather scary little things. I was always terrified that my dog would get stung by a bee. When I was little though, and a bit more fearless, my brother and I used to beat them up with tennis rackets if they got too close. I was a terrible child lol
I used to trap bees and kill them to the movie My Girl cause they killed the actor. I was mean but also scared. It seems like I've gotten immunities as I got older. But gosh they hurt!

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

I used to trap bees and kill them to the movie My Girl cause they killed the actor. I was mean but also scared. It seems like I've gotten immunities as I got older. But gosh they hurt!
That actually made me giggle a bit. I was also very disturbed by that part of the film. It was so upsetting. And yeah, I can totally see why you would defend yourself against something you view as potentially threatening! Makes sense. I've never been stung by a bee, but my brother was stung by a wasp when he was little. Although... admittedly, he was looking for it. He'd tried to start on them, and they fought back lol So when we had my dog Kai, I always worried that a bee or a wasp would start on him, and Kai, being a dog, would fight back and get hurt. Especially as dogs are smaller than us and bee venom spreads through their systems faster than ours. And some people (like in My Girl) don't know they're allergic until it's too late. Gosh what a film.

E

Escalier

That I'll never see my dog again (this terrifies me and kickstarts the panic attacks), that I'll die in a really bad way, that I'll lose my mind/memories before dying, that I'll harm or kill someone one day, that I'll do anything that majorly breaches my moral code (like murder), that I'll drown, that I'll be stabbed or disfigured whilst I'm out or be raped, or lose my limbs or fingers, fire's a big one too... gosh just so many. I'm also afraid of tights spaces and getting stuck in a life. But yeah I'd rather die soon that die in 40-50 years time and in a really awful way. Life is scary.
I am terrified of being homeless !