• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whats wrong with me?.

E

ele

Hi im new here.
Over the past few years i have noticed certain thing happening in my life that arent quite right. These things are;
not being able to go out on my own or after dark sets in,
detaching myself from everyone including my partner of 6 years.

At first i just used to self harm and think about harming other people but they were more like urges or pulses. But they have got much worse. I have seen various different medical professionals but they keep saying there is nothing wrong but i know that this isnt normal. I dont feel emotions so i thought it was an emotional disorder but when i google it it c0mes up with personallity disorders.

My upbringing wasnt that good and i am told that it was abuse but i doint think it was but then again i am bound to stick up for my parents.
there is a lot more but i cant be bothered to write it all.

I hope someone might have a solution.
regards
ele

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Have you told the medical professionals about the suggestion of abuse and your feeling of being emotionless? I wondered cos I can't believe a doctor would turn you away saying there's nothing wrong if you had. Maybe go back to a doc with a list of how this affects you so you don't leave anything out.

iffybob

iffybob

Hi ele

To behonest you have not writtern much.

Personality Disorders (PDs) is a huge subject, there are about 10 differnt catagories, these occure as single PDs, and in combinations.

There are things that require detail.

What was your childhood like, was it bad, do you understand why you broke you 6 year relationship, was there a trigger event or did you just grow apart. why do others feel you were abused as a child ?.

and yes most children will stick up for there parents, even bad parents.

Also getting a PD diagnosis takes many years if done properly, it is or at least should not be a single presentaion diagnosis, it should be evaluated over many years and is identified by continued patterns of behavyour.

No one here should give you an answer yes or no, about having a PD.

All we can do is advise you on if you need help and what to ask for and who to ask it from.

But feel free to ask the questions you need to.

........ boB ......... :)

E

ele

Have you told the medical professionals about the suggestion of abuse and your feeling of being emotionless? I wondered cos I can't believe a doctor would turn you away saying there's nothing wrong if you had. Maybe go back to a doc with a list of how this affects you so you don't leave anything out.
Yeah i was reffered by my doctor on many times to Psyciatrists and counsillors. It was the counsillor who said i was abused as a child.
I have told psyciatrist that i am emotionless and they dont seem to want to know. But then again the way these things affect me is i am very wary about the outside world and dont like to talk to people face 2 face. You because of the abuse i feel like everything i do is wrong and cant shake it off, so when i go out i feel like i always do wrong so it is best not to talk than talk and do something wrong. I cant focus on things for long and i dont know how to show of recieve affection which is why my relationship is draining away.
Some days im fine though, i just feel like im 2 people and im not the first to think or say this.

iffybob

iffybob

Ok

What you have said is not uncommen for abused or neglected childern.

My advice is just to get on with the treatment and not to be at all concerned with getting a lable, it is not that important, getting help that helps you is.

Learning new ways to think takes time and practice, many of us get hobbies that we can do on our own, and that do not rely on others to judge what we have done, it may also help you to learn patence.

Take care..... boB .....:flowers:

E

ele

I think i might see my doctor again and tell him everything.
Cheers for your support.

I might put a diary kinda thingy on here for them too as i find it hard to tell them everything you see.

iffybob

iffybob

Info

Outsiders ( non-members ) cannot access the 'Journal' only online members can.

........boB....:cool: