What's wrong with me?

whitelection

whitelection

It is so frustrating how little I eat yet I still manage to have fat on me. Other girls my age eat mountains, but they're skinny. I have a friend who is an identical twin; both she and her sister eat nearly thrice the amount I do, but they look like models. I'm not a jealous person, however, this is a trait I seriously wish I had.

Looking at my body makes me feel so depressed because I have gained some weight over the past few years--the reason? I suffered from ulcers throughout the ages of 13-15 and developed an eating disorder. I lost 9kg and it stayed there. Over the past few months, I noticed my weight is coming back up but it makes me look so ugly. I've always been self-conscious, but this just... makes me want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

I don't binge-eat, and my portions are small. I eat fruits and vegetables everyday, I avoid junk food and I've cut out soft drinks from my diets for years (ever since it became too painful to eat.) I recently started drinking juices with dinner because I thought they'd be energising, but my dad pointed out they're "too fattening" so I'm scared to drink those too. I have so many problems yet??? I've been tempted to crash diet but I'm not stupid--I'm aware of how harmful it is, and I have no intentions of going down the road of an eating disorder again... I think.

I started a light exercise and managed to lose 1kg within two weeks. I am so demotivated and ever since my father passed that comment, I swear I look bigger. I like to eat but I can't. I just want to be a normal person.

C

chefbengenie

the funny thing is, you have to eat to lose weight. What you eat is the determining factor as well as the amount. Try to eat 5 small meals a day. The energy that you derive from eating helps provide the fat burning. Try to raise your heart rate for 20 minutes at least 5 times per week and that will help. You can also look into a vitamix or a nutri bullet and they can actually develop recipes which contain vitamins that help. Lastly, snack on items that actually add no calories such as lettuce, celery, whole fruits, etc. A visit to a nutritionist might be a good choice as well. But remember, each person is built a different way with different chromosomes, so you can't compare apples to oranges. Just research, eliminate carbs, sugar and processed meats and eat plenty of vegetables. Hope it goes well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Wellbeing 1
R Wellbeing 6