Whats wrong with me?

S

scoobydoo

I really don't know what my problem is. I was diagnosed with scitzo-affective disorder depressive type but I am not sure what my problem is anymore. I stopped taking all my tablets for my heart conditions and mental health a few months ago and it was not until I got really ill both with my heart and mental health my family found out. Since then they have been supervising me take my tablets every day and things got so much better. The voices calmed down and I felt on top of the world and could do anything. I cancelled my heart checkup cos I felt I did not need them anymore and was going to cancel my benefits as well and look for a job but my family stopped me and my dr said I was too ill to get a job. Unfortunatly I seemed to have crashed and burned. I no longer am motivated to do the things I was doing and I feel so depressed I want to die as the voices as on my case 24/7. My spending had got out of control and now I am left with all the debt so I just am sitting here tonight feeling like I just want to end it all as I think things will never get better.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Your description of when you felt on top of the world and spent all your money and got in debt sounds kind of manic. Have you told your psychiatrist about that? Maybe your diagnosis needs to be re-evaluated.

S

scoobydoo

I saw my dr today and she said that when she saw me 2 weeks ago she made a note on my records saying that she thought I was manic. I told her about my spending and debt and she was very understanding and she has increased my aripiprazole to 15mg and my sertraline to 200mg so I really hope that helps. I am also on sodium valproate 500mg but I am not sure that is of any help as I still got manic. I am seeing the Pdoc in 3 weeks so will see what he says.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Glad your dr is supporting you, many of us have been like you, so truly understand.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

R

Raf_edd

I can feel you brother, I'm also in debt hide from everybody. I found a great consultant and with work I'm paying with no problem. Stay away from credit cards mate. Second you were maniac. It happend you just Dindt understand it. The period of the phase was long so you thought it was OK.. Don't feel bad bro, just learn with it. When you feel that euphoria, try to calm it down. Go to a therapy and psyc, make sure your on benefits. I'm not becouse the money is sorry for the word, shit and I need to work. Anyway msg me anything for help

G

Galloway35

Hi friend, I am so sorry that you've been battling this. I pray to God that you don't end your precious life. You're so valuable to God. There's always hope. Things can change. Gratefully, you once experienced a season of change. That happiness can return for good someday. My mother is diagnosed with depression/schizophrenia. Countless times, she has tried to end her life. It has affected the family so bad. My grandparents care for her to make sure she takes her meds daily too. She hasn't a job in all of my life, although she sometimes says that she wants one. I know that both of you are going through tough times right now, but I am so hopeful that change will come if you guys believe that Jesus will deliver you. I always pray for her. I'm never giving up because I know that there is hope in Jesus Christ. Now, I am praying for you! Do NOT give up! Fight for your life. Always pray when you here those negative lying voices. Jesus loves you and that's the truth forever!