• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What's the real me?

B

bluebell24

I'm feeling very confused right now ... I know the negative thinking I'm experiencing right now is definitely the depression. But there are parts of me that I liked when I was manic ... confident, energetic, fun, creative. I'd like to think that some of that really is me but how do I know? I'm worried that I'll get well and discover I'm quite dull!

Does anyone else have these worries or is it just me?! And has anyone else found they keep some of the good qualities when 'normal'?

A

Ainsworth

my brain is jelly but....

its the question i look for with myself, of who am i, really.

i also like some of my manic behaviour, the confidence is amazing but also comes with the down side as you will know with keeping your gob shut and not blurting out the first thought in your head. and sadly it doesnt last and other bits of the un-niceness of manic are present also, so always the down side to deal with at some point.

its my friends that really answer the question for me (though hard to believe they do see good things in me)

i see things in black and white, im either good or bad, right or wrong, nice or nasty.

i dont think this makes sense, need a cup of tea and a ciggie, wake myself up :unsure:

jax

jax

I have a love/hate relationship wit my Bipolar illness. At the minute, I don't know who I am - who the real Jacqui is. I feel confused and lost. I once was told a lot that I was a good and kind person - my mania that shows itself as irritability and anger - makes me know that these comments are not true anymore. I wish I was the person I once again.
Jacqui

S

shelly

I wish I knew

I can totally understand your thoughts. I wish I knew the real me. I even wish I liked the real me right now. :(. My head won't stop racing and its driving me crazy, I'm trying to keep busy but its hard.

I have a my son's friends mum coming later and I'm dreading it. I'm just going to have to try and hold it together. x

J

jamesdean

Positive vibes being sent your way from myself JD whossssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sent

B

bluebell24

I'm relieved to know I'm not alone! I'm hoping time will tell that I can still be energetic within levels that won't lead to disasters, and that I'll maintain some of the more fun elements... a friend of mine told me that my personality is my USP a few months ago, but I don't think he realised that possibly a lot of the things he likes are down to the manic phases. Oh dear!! :)

I still remain puzzles but it really is good to know it's 'normal' to feel this way. I'm liking this forum a lot and I hope everyone else on here finds their answers too!