• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What's the point in living if you can't be happy..

V

Vegay

I think it is time for me to finally just give up.

D

Daringdan

I don't know what you are going through but I do wonder the same thing sometimes. I'm encouraged by the thought of living for something much bigger then myself like God and love.
If things are getting intense for you right now maybe call an emergency hotline.

Zaz

Zaz

It's okay to give in sometimes but don't give up. Your life is precious even though you don't feel it ...🤗

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

This is a question I struggle with every day. I know how confusing, painful, and disconcerting it can be to have this thought in your head constantly.

Some of us have already basically given up, but it doesn't sound like you have yet. I'd say that's still a chalk mark in the positive category for you. Hopefully, being here and getting good advice from folks will help.

M

Martinp30

Life is a struggle for everyone. Rich, poor, middle class, whoever. We have to fight to be happy and appreciate the good we have in our lives. If you don't have enough good, create it. One thing I've learned in life especially after having children is we really don't appreciate the good that we have enough. I know to some people this may be a shallow answer because everyones situation is different, but what makes a person happy? Where do you find peace? I guess there are a lot of things to take into consideration but appreciating what you have first off is a very valuable start. I am overweight, struggled with eating my whole life. I love burgers and pizza and pasta, and more pizza, and i noticed something looking at myself and friends. I eat food so fast, i throw away food, I always order more than i need, because why? I don't appreciate the privilege that i have. My friend who is a good eater was always taught to eat with the family and always finish his plate. When he eats, he eats cool calm and collective. Enjoys it to the max and really takes it in. He loves food and respects it, because if he had to raise the livestock, gather, hunt, garden, Etc. He knows he would respect that food much more and not waste it. Our culture has made us less appreciative of basic necessities because they are so readily available.

NEVER GIVE UP. You are a fighter. You are strong. You can be happy just not all the time. Try to enjoy even the simple things in life. Go for a walk on a sunny day, look up at the sky, and take a deep breathe on the trail somewhere and just breathe in that breathe of life and enjoy your moment

G

Girl interupted

This is where I found meditation helped me a ton. It didn’t work right away, but after three weeks, 10 minutes a day, it became like this comforting blanket that had an instant calming effect on me.

I started by downloading the headspace app to teach myself how to do it.

Delilah67

Delilah67

This is where I found meditation helped me a ton. It didn’t work right away, but after three weeks, 10 minutes a day, it became like this comforting blanket that had an instant calming effect on me.

I started by downloading the headspace app to teach myself how to do it.
I started on the headspace app .. it’s great .
now I use YouTube and have a whole variety of hypnosis, meditations, positive thinking , so many choices! ( if I’m in total crisis nothing helps) but these really really help , particularly at night.

Zaz

Zaz

I always seem to be the voice of doom on here....
I agree completely that meditation, positive thought, relaxation exercises etc are of great benefit to people calming the mind and relaxing the body if even only for a few moments...
However I think these things lose their power when you are connected via wifi, 4g, 5g, or wearing bluetooth headphones. I used headspace a while back and insight timer app. Yes there are some wonderful practices available. But as a long time meditator I noticed straight away the waves and energy sources from being connected to the internet. Just my personal thoughts but when I meditate indoors I switch off all the plugs and remove all electronic devices to give my own energy and healing power the environment it needs to thrive. Like I say just my opinion 🙂

O

OliviaAustralia

I also struggle with this every day. You're not alone on this. Especially when seeking out mental health treatment can feel like dead end after dead end. For me, suicide starts to seem like the most logical option.
But we just gotta keep faith that one day we CAN find happiness. And I know this is cliche and feels impossible some (or most) of the time we gotta keep focusing on the small positives that we receive day to day rather than looking so much at the bigger picture. One day at a time.
Dont give up. This might end up being the week that you get a huge breakthrough.

Zaz

Zaz

I started on the headspace app .. it’s great .
now I use YouTube and have a whole variety of hypnosis, meditations, positive thinking , so many choices! ( if I’m in total crisis nothing helps) but these really really help , particularly at night.
I'm glad you found something that works for you 🙂

M

Mistral

Depression is not a lack of happiness in my view. So I would concentrate on recovering from depression rather than specifically looking for happiness.