• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whats the point?!?! Help!!!!

L

lilyc25

This is a proper rant but I have had the day from hell

I am fucking sick of feeling like shit. People either think I am horrible (cos of my mood swings) or walk all over me. What am I supposed to do. There is no balance. i dont see the point in dealing with all this is it is never gonna change. I will never be cured of depression (and i have had hard core CBT and Drugs for 9 years) so whats the point. This is always reoccuring- why would anyone put themselves through this?!?!?! I dont know what to do anymore. I am sick of bothering my mum with this but I have no-one else that gets it (she has depression too).

Sorry guys

J

jamesdean

You dont ever have to say sorry hear we all understand and hopefully can be able to offer you some support, take care JD

M

morelikewater

it wont last

i dont know you, but i would guess that over the last 9yrs its more than likley you've had periods where you have enjoyed the day or the week etc. its possible through a variety of ways to make those periods last longer. how you feel now, wont last.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
To be honest, and speaking from a neurobiological perspective, depression is likely caused by stress to the synapses. I have found that thinking in certain ways has a deep effect on me, usually reproducing stress from interpersonal relationships. I'm not an optimist naturally, so feel free to take this with the major pinch of salt it deserves. It's about reprogramming neural pathways, if certain ways of thinking are effectively damaging your brain, you need to use different pathways. I know that this is in no way easy, and I'm not telling you to get a grip, but it's really practically about trying to think of as many ways to view a situation, thinking it through, then pretty much dismiss all of your conclusions, even probably the one that appears as true. What I'm proposing is that you attempt to dissipate the psychic energy rather than have it take the usual routes through your mind and cause damage. As I said stress will shrink your synapses, and that will lead to depression. Perhaps also employ some external way of manifesting the negative, music, writing, art; it always helps to have a psychic valve.