• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What's the meaning of friend to you?

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

I am a social awkward type of person so I had a few friends due to my personality. I'll try so hard to befriend people and thankfully succeed in building friendship with a few of them in my class. But, my friends confused me. Sometimes they are being so mean to me and sometimes they're being super nice to me. I can take a joke but sometimes they went overboard and humiliated me. This is a trivial matter but they did helped me fixing my glasses. I was too lazy to take it to a shop to fix it due to the glasses losing a screw. I sill wear them in class. They saw it and took it from my possesion and I can't believe it that they fix it by using a stapler bullet as an alternative to the screw. I still used the glasses until now with that stapler bullet and whenever I looked at it, I missed them so much even though sometimes they made me upset. They did helped me with homeworks too. I can't meet them anymore as we already graduated from high school.

Sorry for the long story. What does a friend mean to you? Does people who hurt your feeling but also being nice to you can be called true friends? I wanna hear your opinion. Thanks for spending time reading such a long post and I am sorry about it.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I think the meaning of friendship varies between each individual. It's good that you have good memories of your friends but i'm also sorry to hear about when they were mean to you.

For me, a friend is someone who is equal to a brother or sister. In fact I view close friends as family and loved ones. I would glad and without hesitation give my life for a close friend because of how much I would care for them. A friend is someone who is kind, understanding and shares the good times and the bad times :)
Sure there might be times where we might have different opinions and disagreements but I wouldn't want it any other way because we are all unique individuals.

I look forward to having close friends because to me they would be family. I hope your able to find good, close friends also.

BillFish

BillFish

I think the meaning of friendship varies between each individual. It's good that you have good memories of your friends but i'm also sorry to hear about when they were mean to you.

For me, a friend is someone who is equal to a brother or sister. In fact I view close friends as family and loved ones. I would glad and without hesitation give my life for a close friend because of how much I would care for them. A friend is someone who is kind, understanding and shares the good times and the bad times :)
Sure there might be times where we might have different opinions and disagreements but I wouldn't want it any other way because we are all unique individuals.

I look forward to having close friends because to me they would be family. I hope your able to find good, close friends also.
Someone who doesn't turn tail and run, when the going gets tough, and stays by your side when the sun is shining, but also stays with you during the storms as well, ...............as good fortune would have it, I'm married to that person:peace:

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

Thank you so much Anime-Alchemy. I love your description about friend there. My friends past actions did confused me. It's like they have two opposite personalities.
Billfish, congrats for you! It must be awesome to stay with someone with a great personality.
Well, to other users, feel free to share the meaning of friend from your perspective if you're interested.