• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

whats the longest?

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
whats the longest spell of what you would consider wellness? I been abit rubbish over the last 4 yeasrs but I have been well since early September 07which is a record for me.

I am looking for inspiration cos I am dead competitive !!!

go on set me a target to beat the best I have had yet is a BPD sufferer well for 6 years can anyone beat that?

D

Dollit

Hi Midnight - cool name - I've been well since around January. I actually had 10 completely clear weeks at one point which is a miracle for me since I've been sick since my late teens. I split up from my ex last new year's eve after nearly 13 years in what, on the surface, seemed to be a good relationship. Since we split up I've found out that it was destructive and partly because I was dependent on him in a small way and I hate dependency. Since I now live my own life and do what I need to do to keep well I'm much better at coping with major and minor incidents in my life. I do have some strong people in my support team - a few police officers (the youngest of whom is wonderful :D), a former GP who has become a really good friend, my sister and mum and both my GP and my psych let me email them or ring them as I need to between visits.

I'm glad for you that you've been well a little longer than me but a bit jealous too! :clap:

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
Hi Dollit,

well done you for 10 weeks. Great that you are in a good 'place' right now I hope it continues for you. My GP is great too and has been there for me alot - he is an ex-psychatrist which is really helpful as he seems to understand the issues I am facing at times. if anyone has been my rock it has been him

I hope the new year brings health, wealth and happiness to you and to everyone out there too. I certainly plan not to go back to my 'holiday camp' at hospital - ever!

Take care
Midnight

bobshocker

bobshocker

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I kind of dont feel well.

Ha .

W

warriorprincess

I would say probably around the 6 months mark. That is the least frequent I have had swings, i.e - one noticeable period of mania and depression over a year. Usually more but that is a kinda pattern that seems to occur most often with me. I usually get the depression every april (still don't know why that is or what triggers it), this year has been better in a lot of ways. but after that low, I will either go high or somehow manage to maintain an ok level for maybe a few months. It depends what you reason as wellness tho, as even in my 'ok' spells, I can fluctuate, maybe rapid cycle for a bit, so it's hard to tell how long I go between every little thing. Probably no more than a week everything included!
doesn't make much sense really does it!
well done you that does sound good. Is this with meds? I am speaking med-free so who knows how that could help. we'll see.

xx

F

friars126

Mmmm, this is a thought provoking question! It's hard because i've self medicated with alcohol for so long, i really don't know. Hopefully the next few month will be stable :)

Fluffymum

Fluffymum

Well I'm complete pants because I would say never, maybe a few months but not many, and like someone said before I was probably self medication with binge drinking at the weekend when I was younger.
Interesting question x

calypso

calypso

Admin
When I was in Fleetwood years ago, I managed a few years of relative normality. I got used to it, and thought I was cured. Really happy, but not high. Then an almighty depression hit and I was so unprepared, I was floored by it. However, I do feel for people like Apotheosis, and he can't be alone here, who have never been really well. I can't complain in comparison. xx

bobshocker

bobshocker

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I was in Fleetwood years ago, I managed a few years of relative normality. I got used to it, and thought I was cured. Really happy, but not high. Then an almighty depression hit and I was so unprepared, I was floored by it. However, I do feel for people like Apotheosis, and he can't be alone here, who have never been really well. I can't complain in comparison. xx
You were in Fleetwood Mac - Awsome.

F

friars126

:rofl2: That's like the 8th time i've laughed already this morning, i must be getting better.

I've suffered from poor mental health since i was 7 from one thing or another, not much i haven't had, anxiety, OCD, agoraphobia, alcohol dependency, psychosis, depression, self harm, hypochondria etc etc

bobshocker

bobshocker

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i was always different. all my life.
i was raised on the estate, everyone i lived with went off to do manual jobs and stuff, i had to pretend a lot to fit in.

R

Robbert

I've been un-well since I was 15. Had a few months where things were OK when I was 20. Now, I'm not great most of the time. But I can cope OK at the moment; that's the difference, I seem to go in 'episodes' of coping. As far as my health goes, it's more chronic than episodic.

bobshocker

bobshocker

ACCOUNT CLOSED
um midnight raised this in 2007, hasnt been on line since 2008.

ha ha, who started this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JessisMe Bipolar Forum 2
P Bipolar Forum 6
S Bipolar Forum 3