• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

whats the least amount of sleep you've had when manic?

M

mickeymoo

Just wondering really. Has anyone every actually gone a couple of nights without any sleep?

Dave.P

Dave.P

no sleep.

Hey there, I went 5 days with 3hrs sleep. Resulting in 80% mouth ulcers, hospital for 3 days. I had help in staying awake though. Bad choice.
Dave.P

M

mickeymoo

whats the least sleep you've had when manic?

Just wondering what the least amount of sleep you've got by on when manic. Has anyone actually gone whole nights without sleeping?

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

i havent.. atm slept more than3 hours in the last 3 days. only dosing. is that serious?

M

mad as a hatter

i,ve seen me go a wk or so without a sleep when i,m manic it ain,t great

dib4uk

dib4uk

As im not as extreme as others, i say that I would have 3 or 4 hours sleep when manic as oppossed to 13 hours sleep that i'm now getting.

M

mumto6

Sleep is a nightmare topic for me - I am not medicated (pregnant)

A few weeks ago I had to beg the GP to help me sleep - I even told him I would take Tramadol (which I know makes me sleep) if he would not help - I was desperate. He perscribed Tamazapan which sent me high for a few hours but then gave me 6-7 hours sleep - I only had these for a week.

I tend to doze 20-30 mins then wake up as far too much going on that I need to do or my mind just can not rest - I am then awake a few hours - to then get 20 mins sleep again to wake again and this goes on night after night.It has been this way for the last few months.

In total I would say I get 2-4 proper hours sleep ( Sometimes these are day time naps to catch up)

Being pregnant with heartburn and loo visits and cramps etc is also not helping ! The more tired I am the more I see and hear things too.

piuma

piuma

hey the longest i usually go is about 40 hours ish then maybe a couple of hours, but then if i take my meds they usually make me fall asleep a little before that, but i can usually do a two days tops. unless i use other substances :S and then i can go for quite a few days regardless of meds

T

triple x

how little i sleep when i get manic

i go from not sleeping one nite then sleeping the next and thismay carry on for days or just one nite uckily at the mo its just one nite
longest i havent slept is 36 hours which leaves me shivering, no concentration, crying and restless. i asked to come off the choloprazine so on wednesday nte i wont sleep as i go down to none

Last edited:
emski

emski

This is an interesting thread mickeymoo. At my worst I went with no sleep at all was four days and also completely stopped eating. I couldn't control my bladder or bowels properly, was unable to regulate my body temperature, could hardly walk. Unsurprisingly I was also having auditory and visual hallucinations. I never want to go back there - who would? Prior to getting that bad I went for a couple of months never needing or getting more than 2-3 hours a night. Now I sleep like a baby, with what my family refer to as 'wonky pills' - quetiapine.

That said I had better go and take them. Good night :sleep:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Bipolar Forum 6