• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What's the funniest thing your mental illness has ever done?

R

Ron76

Mine showed me an image my late father in heaven looking delighted riding a sea horselike flying My Little Pony. He loved racehorses when he was alive.

S

Salster

Mine gave me 3 marvelous days of having my dad around again talking to me.
He passed away years ago.
It helped me tremendously at the time. Doubt if I'd of got through it without him.
Obviously I know it was just my mind playing tricks but it was great while it lasted.

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

Mine was when I went to watch my niece swimming . My voices told me the shaman type guy that was sat behind me was doing this to me plauging me with voices and visions so I went home and phoned the police on him and the police called me an ambulance lol I can laugh now but att I really believed my voices were right and it nearly got me sectioned...

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

I also see visions of past over family but my visions bring them across in a way as if they hate me like pulling evil faces at me and stuff which is hurtful

B

Bod

Former member
Talking to my father a while back who told me that he was so proud of me, but he died back in 2003 but what a great talk we had.

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

That's really lovely I whish my voices and visions were positive there bloody well hatful to me and I'm quite a positive person so they don't get it from me lol

R

Ron76

I don't have your insight unfortunately Salster but as soon as I realised what was really going on with my illness I walked past the kitchen and my father appeared. I smiled widely at him, nodded and said "Alright Daddy. I've been fighting with meself all along!" ( I never called him daddy. ) He smiled back lovingly and faded.

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

I did have one nice experience when I was out running one day and I was really struggling with my voices and this really fit guy appeared in a vision by the side of me he told me he died in a boxing match and he kept saying keep going you can do it don't let anyone put you down he was really positive and reassuring but I only ever saw him the once

S

Salster

I don't have your insight unfortunately Salster but as soon as I realised what was really going on with my illness I walked past the kitchen and my father appeared. I smiled widely at him, nodded and said "Alright Daddy. I've been fighting with meself all along!" ( I never called him daddy. ) He smiled back lovingly and faded.
I'm glad you had that experience 🤗
Mine was real as life, my dad just followed me around for days. "Saying come on girl, you can do it "
Therapist said because I'd had an onslaught of flashbacks one after the other, of past trauma. After a major breakthrough in therapy. My mind had conjured him up because he was safe for me.
I'll never forget it, and I'm very thankful.

R

Ron76

I did have one nice experience when I was out running one day and I was really struggling with my voices and this really fit guy appeared in a vision by the side of me he told me he died in a boxing match and he kept saying keep going you can do it don't let anyone put you down he was really positive and reassuring but I only ever saw him the once
Cool.

R

Ron76

I'm glad you had that experience 🤗
Mine was real as life, my dad just followed me around for days. "Saying come on girl, you can do it "
Therapist said because I'd had an onslaught of flashbacks one after the other, of past trauma. After a major breakthrough in therapy. My mind had conjured him up because he was safe for me.
I'll never forget it, and I'm very thankful.
Cool. I was in bereavement counselling once and my late brother visited me in a dream. I kept telling my councillor he was real. She kept saying its part of the grieving process.

Then I had a dream where I was given 900 year old information I couldn't possibly have known that was accurate, I told her, she freaked out, ended our sessions and sent me to a priest.

R

Ron76

Lol that's way too funny 😆
My father visited me in dreams all the time during the hell of my illness but the visitation dream that triggered my visual hallucinations had something funny in it too.

One day i was rehearsing to myself what to say if the crap hit the fan in a life situation I was in. Then my fathers voice said "Your living in cloud cuckoo land." It really annoyed me but then I realised he was right. I was stressing too much.

So later on I walked into my living room, looked at his memorial card and said laughing "You can come back from the grave and tear me a new a*****e anytime you want."

That night I had the visitation dream, a nightmare. My fathers rotting corpse burst through the door at a canter and interrupted it.

Later on in the dream i said to him "When i said you can come back from the grave anytime you want I meant from beyond the veil not from the f****n grave!" He broke his bolox laughing and I was laughing too saying "How can you get something so completely right and completely wrong at the same time?!" Lol

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

What medication do you take? Your hilarious