• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What's next...

W

wp_11

I've suffered with aniexty and depression for quite a while now and about a year ago I finally asked for help that didn't involve the medication I was already taken.

I've since had three assessments at a local mental health hospital and they have decided they won't be offering me any help. I complained about this and today received the letter basically saying their decision was right so put up and shut up.

I guess it's why I've ended up here today, I've literally cried for help to these people and just been told to do one. I wouldn't be surprised at all if killing myself is exactly what they want. It's one less person bothering them!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Go back to your g.p. and ask to be re referred for some therapy, that may help.

They really want you on drugs and compliant to that, that may be why?

KS
xxx

W

wp_11

I never stopped taking medication. I meant I asked for help other than just the medication.

My GP won't refer me back as they have already said they won't offer me any help. I was referred to an online service which has banned me for being to 'depressing' which may distress other users.

Feels like these people really have it in for me. Maybe I should just get on with it alone because trying to get help only adds to the problem.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Please stay here and continue to talk, there are lots of people here who understand and are suffering the same.

I am sorry I misunderstood - I think its a disgrace, how can one be 'Too depressing' for a helpline. Beggers believe

I'm sorry you aren;t having much look within the system.

KS
xxxx

W

wp_11

Will do. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey, i'm so sorry you've been given medication and nothing else.
Personally I think that's what's wrong with how people with mental health issues are treated - but i'll spare you a soapbox rant.

I'm not sure what your financial situation is like but i'd advise you to try and seek help for yourself elsewhere.
Quite a few private counselors offer spaces for people on a low income.
That's what i'm doing at the moment - seeing a counsellor who offers sessions for those on a low income - and it's helping me so much. More so than the NHS, i'd say.

W

wp_11

Money is a serious problem right now and I have been told a similar thing about that before so I will definitely do some research on it this time. I can't carry on like this. Thanks.