• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What's it like living with schizophrenia?

C

Carniekidd

Do meds keep the voices away?how often do you hear voices? What do you do to keep the voices away? Do you do things other people notice when your stressed or overwhelmed?

K

karl7

sz is very stressful, it can be like a living nightmare

L

Lab rat

Do meds keep the voices away?how often do you hear voices? What do you do to keep the voices away? Do you do things other people notice when your stressed or overwhelmed?
Why do you ask?

L

Lab rat

As has been said, voices are stressful and sz is a living nightmare. Before I comment I would like to know the motivation behind the question. I don’t want my life story in some daily rag or student thesis.

A

Altitude25

Mental torture would be a good two word answer.
Imagine your thoughts being constantly negative and dreams you once had taken away. Plus sleepless nights and weight gain. Ugh I don't envy anyone with it. I feel sorry for them but I don't feel sorry for myself wierd.

A

Altitude25

You ask what stresses us out. To be polite everything does to some extent, because we analyse stuff more.than normal people

T

Thelma27

I can relate to altitude25 the best way for me to describe my experience of living with sczophrenia is it's like having two brains each fighting for survival one minute you can think logically and clearly other times you are not aware of any of your surroundings or dangers I have total memory lapses I get into fights with family members and I don't remember I walk out of my flat and come back home with no memory of where I have been which is why I call it a silent killer you just have to make one mistake and you could be dead e.g Iost all my memory walked into traffic and couldn't hear or see anything the thing I realise was a.lady in her screaming frantically i just have one wish and that is to be normal