• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whats happening to me?

T

Tainted

Hello all

I'm loving it, but a bit worried!

I suffer from depression, but today (and I haven't felt like this before) I feel great. Although I know this is a healthy feeling, it's actually getting in the way. I don't know if this is because I am getting better and am not used to this feeling or if there is more to it.

I am at work at the moment and I can not sit at my desk (apart from now whilst writing this). I am walking around everywhere going outside for cigarettes a lot. I'm thinking now as to how I can go outside for another without people questioning why I am not at my desk much today.

I haven't slept much for the last few nights either. I usually can not get enough sleep. whilst I am enjoying being awake a lot and feeling like this, is this normal?:clap::clap:

I am seeing my cpn in a couple of hours and am trying to calm down before I see her.

Just wondered what people think. Is it possible that I haven't felt "good" for such a long time that it is a bit of a shock to the system?

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, do you take antidepressants? The reason I ask is it might just be possible you are going a little bit manic. I don't want to put a damper on you feeling great, but it would be worth asking your cpn what she thinks.

D

DELATEXT

no clever words and meds can affect your mood ??
Only I hope you've got a good support system i.e. friends and family, does music help ?

:hug:

BSloan1960

BSloan1960

Just want to echo what trombone_babe said. If your are taking an antidepressant they can sometimes trigger mania and hypomania... in this state it isn't uncommon to stay awake when you would normally sleep.

Not trying to bring you down. You may very well be exuberantly celebrating a lifting of the dark cloud of depression. My rule of thumb is this: Any time/every time there is a change in the status quo of how we (people on meds) feel, its time for a trip to the doctor to figure out if something is wrong- or if something good is indeed going on.

Hope this helps

Bill

T

Tainted

Thank you all for your advice.

I am on venaflaxine at the moment.

I have come down a bit since Tuesday, but feel really strange. I don't know really how to explain it other than strange!

I didn't manage to mention it on Tuesday to my con. I had so much to say I forgot about all of this!!!!!!!!:confused: