• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

whats a good thing about having schizophrenia

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
at least i dont work in an office that would kill my soul, at least i have time to spend with my family any others????diddy:p

A

Affective

Sometimes I see good colours and experience nice things such as escape from the real world.

A

Apotheosis

The free drugs from the Doctor. Give me more; I feel so much better now Doctor.

Star-28

Star-28

Introspectftw!! You made my whole freaking day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(y)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
may i just ask who you are calling a whore???????????????????????
as for you lot if you are so antidrugs why dont you just not take them all together and be done with it most of you take a little of that a little of that stand by your principles if thay are so damaging diddy

A

Apotheosis

It's a quote from a film - in which a mentally ill person is portrayed in a wonderful light - as the mentally ill always are in films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhe1rEt8hVU

as for you lot if you are so antidrugs why dont you just not take them all together and be done with it most of you take a little of that a little of that stand by your principles if thay are so damaging diddy
Do you think it's that easy? After being up against forced meds - forced injections - sections - threats of sections if tablets aren't taken - CTO's - ect ect ect. Given the state of play & the way the psychiatric system operates - do you think that there is much choice in all this? & given that most of us who haven't wanted meds have been forced & coerced to take them; & made dependant on them - there has been no choice in the matter.

What choice is there now? Is there services from psychiatry to help people get off meds? Psychiatric med detox programs & treatments houses? Support for people wanting med free recovery? - Get Real.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

I do stand by my principles and i've attempted twice to come off of the drugs, but due to the lack of support i've been unsuccessful. the sad fact is once you've taken these drugs for a certain period of time, there almost impossible to get off of and when you do your symptoms reappear with greater intensity its called supersensitivity psychosis or the rebound effect. just because someone hands you a lifeline doesnt mean you shouldnt question the person handing you it, these people are dishonest and i dont like it.

Star-28

Star-28

I usually try the smallest dose of meds that will ease up my hallucinations and paranoia. I was thankful to have a pdoc that did not want to over medicate me.

I used to work in a children's shelter, and they all had to have a psychiatric eval before coming there. The majority were diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, yada yada yada.... When really they are just being kids.

Kids are always full of energy and want to play and stuff. These doctors try to steal their joy. So many of them were so overly medicated they would drool on themselves. I just wanted to cry.

There aren't enough people in the psych field that actually care to know what really goes on in our heads and how to deal with it. They just throw meds at us. All these damn pharmacutical companies dont give a shit if the meds work or not, it is their job to introduce the meds to the docs.

What's really pathetic?? (this is true in some cases) If the doctors push enough of a certain kind of new pill they win vacations and shit. So while they are off enjoying their vacations, someone is suffering from shitty side effects from a medicine the doctor knows nothing about.

That's why I stay on top of my shit and do research and tell the doctors exactly what I need and what I dont need. One doctor tried pushing about nine different types of pills on me. I told him NO, NO, NO. All i needed was risperdal. He was telling me I needed this and that and blah blah. I walked out with my script for Risperdal and thats it.

Just because I have a mental illness doesnt mean im a complete Moron!! Stupid docs

Last edited:
D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
personally i do believe that it is that easy to take medication you JUST TAKE THEM maybe you were forced to take them at first but its your choice to continue or not i just feel like its hypocritical if you are anti medication to be taking medication. diddy not everything has to be so damn complicated :confused:

A

Apotheosis

but its your choice to continue or not
Are you sure? Try it - tell your Doctor that your stopping all meds; stop taking them all & refuse to take any more & see what happens. Not only would you be dealing with very severe withdrawal reactions - you'd have the LMHT crash down hard on you like a ton of bricks. Not complicated? Your kidding right?