What's a good job for someone with social anxiety?

A

April8th

How do you get a job when you can't function around people because your mind goes blank and you're stuck in fight or flight mode? Is there a job out there that seems to be a good fit for someone with anxiety?

Y

Yodagirl

Hello, I too suffer with social anxiety. Maybe a work from home job? Or customer support over the phone? Maybe that way you wouldn’t have to actually face people.
Hope you find something that works for you.

R

RoJo

I know you want to avoid very social jobs but actually, getting a job that forces you to be social will help a lot. I can personally say the more often you get uncomfortable the better you’ll be.

R

Rax

Avoid customer service jobs . That's really the trick . Like anything that requires fave to face interaction and something low stress . What do you enjoy doing ? As in a career ? Or is it that u just want to get a job for the time to make some money ?

BleachedViolet

BleachedViolet

How do you get a job when you can't function around people because your mind goes blank and you're stuck in fight or flight mode? Is there a job out there that seems to be a good fit for someone with anxiety?
I was trying to get into freelance copywriting/editing/a few similar offshoots, but had to put it on the backburner bc of issues at home. I had even joined a job seeking site, but the crux is, many of the jobs (for my intended goal) either required a *specific* degree or x amount of years experience.

I hold a degree, but apparently the wrong one. I was going to try to build up a resume doing non-profit work/very low paying entry level type gigs to buffer out my resume and get the aforementioned experience I lacked in this field... I was also going to open a LinkedIn account and get more involved in social networking - something I've avoided thus far, largely, but it's become a necessary evil in our current world.

I had a bunch of work at home sites bookmarked on my old phone that I unfortunately lost. I then had a lot in my personal life explode, so I got side tracked.

What specific interests or skills do you hold? What would you do for free if we lived in a world without monetary woes?

Ask yourself these things to try and focus yourself.

If I get a chance to research these sites and info I misplaced, I'll lyk. I'm trying to get my life/path back on track, and I did have some genuinely good resources. :)

Flameheart

Flameheart

depends on your skills, you shouldn't avoid doing certain things or jobs because of the people aspect especially if you are good at it, its been proven that exposure therapy works best with social anxiety, so I'd say just apply for jobs based on what you are interested in and good at, avoidance is the worst way to go about life

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey :)

There aren't really any jobs specifically for social anxiety. In fact, some social interaction will help your social anxiety ease, which is great. However, there are certain jobs (e.g. retail) where you might get some annoying/rude people, so perhaps stay away from those for your wellbeingx

Much love <3

mischief

mischief

Admin
Yesterday on this thread we spotted and removed a spammer. He was posting a link about a system to beat anxiety.

We regard such systems as an anxiety scam as there is no proven research evidence that it works and he charges a lot of money for it. The system is clearly about making money off people who have anxiety.

Take a look at this website video of a news report about such scams:

If you need further evidence about what it is all about, take a look at this quote from the website:

I’ll get right to the point. On my ebook and membership website you make a whopping 75% recurring commission. This means you make just over $20 for the initial sale, and just under $20 for every month they stay a member. On a low-end offer that only costs $29.95/month, these commissions add up quick. The lower price means higher conversions, and a higher percentage of members staying on for longer.

Why is recurring commission so great?

It builds onto itself. Once you make a sale, that buyer has the potential to keep making you money for months in the future. Many people will remain subscribed forever.

So please beware!

S

Silver669

I used to be a personal trainer. You can work on your own, it's only one to one contact which for me was fine. Some trainers even train clients online.

Have to say though after 10 years of hiding away in this job I was only delaying the inevitable that you can't avoid people for ever and it's not healthy to do so. I'm now working in a team work type environment and every day's a nightmare, but I enjoy the actual work. Wish I had addressed my SA issues I lot sooner.