What're your experiences with social anxiety

G

George10111

People have made me feel inadequate and unworthy my whole life and I'm not at all trying to be sexist, but women especially. Being almost 27 years old, male, I've had almost nothing but bad experiences.

Yesterday I saw somebody at a shoe store who I went to high school with. We talked for about a minute, because I was returning shoes. When I went home and got on Facebook I'd found out she'd unfriended me and she'd been my fb friend for then last 10 years. I don't know what I did. She's still friends with my other old friends from high school.

At the gym I'm using the track to jog and two girls approach the track and look at me, both got looks of utter revolt and disgust and said, 'lets use the track later.' They didn't even want to be on the same damn track as me. Now one with men

I met up with a few old friends at a family gathering the other day and in the first minute they're being way too sarcastic and too big of assholes. First they praised my mom for being so great and then one guy said, 'what happened to you?' The other guy said,' yeah you're a lot uglier then usual.' They started picking me apart in front of a group of 12-15 people.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

I met up with a few old friends at a family gathering the other day and in the first minute they're being way too sarcastic and too big of assholes. First they praised my mom for being so great and then one guy said, 'what happened to you?' The other guy said,' yeah you're a lot uglier then usual.' They started picking me apart in front of a group of 12-15 people.
Sorry this happened to you, but you aren't alone in this! It isn't just my experience, but a lot of people I know have learned to dread family get-togethers. I am an older person, so my family are mostly gone now, and reunions etc. are a thing of the past...I am thankful to say this, but I find it's sort of sad at the same time that people were so mean-spirited that I feel good about not seeing them anymore. You know, as they always say, you can't choose your biological family. Family has to become whoever you choose to invite into your life.

Flameheart

Flameheart

all those people are shitty, I was only ever bullied when I wore glasses when I was 12 or 13, so I purposely broke them and ever since people have responded to my appearance a lot more positively, going blind maybe a problem tho

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

So anxious i would feel like id shit myself this was in school took me 6 weeks to build up a tolerence so gradually beat my time was hell i couldnt imagine if i shit myself

O

OCDguy

Personally I wouldn't take any of it to heart. You are amongst friends here :hug: