• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What you get is not always what you see.

J

just.me

am just.me

just joined, as I thought it might help joining something like this to see others experiences, and find out how they dealt with things, coped and generally managed living.

The title of the thread is true though is it not.

I look nothing like I behave!

Am intelligent, speak intelligently, until some little thing in my head switches off and am an out and out psycho.

Be neat to learn if others experience things the way I do and how they cope.

Not sure where I could post the things I do, and how I behave, but sufficit to say am an emotional wreck, who has just started suffering from anxiety attacks in public. Jeez.

Not good.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, :welcome: to the forum. I hope you find it a friendly and safe place to unload. Can I ask, have you a diagnosis/are you on meds?

J

just.me

Hi there

Yep diagnosed manic depression, suffer anxiety and panic attacks, although the onset of those are recent - before that had one every year or so.

Now it's 3/4 a week.

Initially Citalopram for four years up to 60mg, then changed to Efexor XL was 75mg they just doubled it to 150mg, but the past two weeks have been the worse ever.

Q

quality factor

Hi, and :welcome: to the forum, hope you
find it a supportive place to be.

QF.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hmm maybe effexor isn't right for you. I changed from citalopram to effexor a few months back and was never right on it even going up to 225mg. Had a bit of a crisis and have been changed back to citalopram. Why did they change your meds in the first place? What probs are you having with the effexor?

J

just.me

When first started taking it was fine.

but my circumstances have changed a lot in my personal life, and i can't cope with it. panic attacks/crying almost everyday, going off on one manically, one minute okay, the next down, paranoia is horrendous.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 17