• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What would you do if a bigot constantly makes up excuses and says it’s not bigotry when it actually is?

A

AlphaOmega

A bigot would flat out insult someone/something that is considered offensive. You call him out stating that’s bigotry. He replies “actually it’s not because…” and he explains irrelevant stuff that doesn’t make sense to you. What would you do now?

M

Mister Vertigo

You might need to explain what was said, and what the context was.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

Any real biggot won't explain their actions to anyone who questions them, so there is a hole in you scenario. They would just probably just call you the same insult they used before.

M

Mister Vertigo

@NoNameRequired What do you mean by 'real bigot' though? People that are rude aren't necessarily being bigoted.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

@NoNameRequired What do you mean by 'real bigot' though? People that are rude aren't necessarily being bigoted.
I have met people who are almost cartoon characters in real life. For example, there is a woman in my neighborhood who: Dyes (I have no idea how it is written, I mean it as in hair paint stuff) her hair blonde because white blondes are the best race, hates people of color despite her not really being white, hates poor people, hates fat people, hates people with low-paying jobs, etc. She is basically a walking sack of feces. And when questioned about her behavior, she will either shield herself using God somehow, or will call you a poor, fat and dirty n***** with a dead end job. She is a real biggot.