• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What would happen if I was reported missing and booked a flight abroad?

porkpie

porkpie

What would happen if I was reported missing and booked a flight abroad?

I have these thoughts about running away a lot abroad, I live in supported living and if I was to become unwell and a Approved mental health professional (AMP) where to section me would I be able to escape the country or would it notify on the airport computer, would they get the police? Would they hold me in hospital until they got transport back to me home city? What do you think would happen?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think it would become a police matter. And probably the police would alert the ports etc, if you became a fugitive. You would probably have a 2-3 day window when you could escape - but not 100% sure.

SarahD

SarahD

There is a charity called Missing People who give information on their website about what happens if someone goes missing

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/ho...elp/271-what-will-happen-if-i-go-missing.html

I hope this comes out as I am not having a lot of luck with links I post today! If it doesn't work, Google Missing People.

After you are reported missing I think you would have a bit of a head start. Unless you are sectioned you can go where you like. Not sure about if you are on a CTO.

If you do go, plan it carefully so you have enough money etc and can keep safe and well.