• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What will be the concequences? I need to tell the truth!

N

Nobodyspecial

So I'm on a 72 hour observation thing while still being in my home. They come out to see me every day and I have phone contact with them whenever I want. It was my first meeting today and I wasn't completely honest with the man who came round. He was talking to me about how I was feeling and my suicidal thoughts, he didn't specifically ask me if I had tried anything or attempted to try anything but I didn't tell him either. Saturday morning about 6am I had been awake for about 2 hours due to my bad sleep pattern and my thoughts were terrible. I was just feeling worthless and didn't know how to carry on, I brought myself into my kitchen where my meds are kept. I took them out of the box and got a whole load of other pills and was about to pop the first one out so I could start te process when I heard someone coming downstairs. I quickly shoved them all back because I didn't want to be caught that was one of the reasons I did it early in the morning. But then when the guy came today I had gotten it into my head that I couldn't tell him, I don't know why I just thought I couldn't. However I have decided that when I see him tomorrow I will tell him. What will he do from this? I know I need help so I just want to take it!

Last edited by a moderator:
ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Yes, I think is definitely best idea to tell him what you were trying to do. Not sure from your post if you mean they will just be coming for 3 days originally. You need to tell them how unsafe you are/be honest with them otherwise they may think you are better than you are and reduce your support.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
They're there to help you through these things so you're not alone :)
Im a support believe it or not and were very normal understanding people. Please reach out to them :)

N

Nobodyspecial

Yes, I think is definitely best idea to tell him what you were trying to do. Not sure from your post if you mean they will just be coming for 3 days originally. You need to tell them how unsafe you are/be honest with them otherwise they may think you are better than you are and reduce your support.
Yes 3 days initially but this kind of support only lasts up to 2 weeks.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do you have a social worker? Do you feel like you'd benefit from continued support?

N

Nobodyspecial

Do you have a social worker? Do you feel like you'd benefit from continued support?
No social worker I only started on my medication Friday. I'm really new to this. I was just wondering whether what I did would cause enough concern for him to reccomebd hospital :/

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
For me if one of my services users told me, no i wouldn't recommend them for hospital. Obviously there is a duty of care to you though so they'd hopefully look into how they could help you further! You say your new to this, do you mean new to anti depressants or new to support?

N

Nobodyspecial

I'm new to both. I have had one doctors appointment a few years ago but I couldn't bring myself to do anything about it. I met with the crisis team in hospital 6 weeks ago after my third failed attempt on my life.
I have self harmed in the past and did it before I went to get the pills Saturday morning too

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

No social worker I only started on my medication Friday. I'm really new to this. I was just wondering whether what I did would cause enough concern for him to reccomebd hospital :/
Dont know what country you are in or why they have given you this initial support but I think they will only try to get you to hospital if absolutely necessary. Just if you are honest/upfront with how you are feeling they will keep giving you support and put something else in place when the 2 weeks are up

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Think they will be hoping if medication helps you will start to feel a bit better and not be so desperate

N

Nobodyspecial

For me if one of my services users told me, no i wouldn't recommend them for hospital. Obviously there is a duty of care to you though so they'd hopefully look into how they could help you further! You say your new to this, do you mean new to anti depressants or new to support?
I'm new to both. I have had one doctors appointment a few years ago but I couldn't bring myself to do anything about it. I met with the crisis team in hospital 6 weeks ago after my third failed attempt on my life.
I have self harmed in the past and did it before I went to get the pills Saturday morning too
Apoalgiea for posting twice but I didn't quote you first time round

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Sorry just seen this reply after i posted mine

N

Nobodyspecial

Sorry just seen this reply after i posted mine
no bother. But that's the reason I'm on this support. I did it 6 weeks ago but only worked up the courage to go to the doctors Friday. Then they immediately got someone involved and I had people coming to my house to check on me.
Also I'm 20 and living in england

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Still dont think they will use hospital. Seems like you will need support for longer than two weeks though. I not sure but I imagine you will be referred to the CMHT after the initial high intensity support.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry my internet died!! If your new to ADs they will take time to work. They make put care in place to administer your meds from a safe if they feel you are at risk from OD.
Please ask you're support for help so they can put the appropriate care in place for you :)