• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What was your last delusion?

T

thrill

Over 25 years I have had many varying in severity, some euphorically good and some horrendously bad ones.

My most recent one. mild and funny.

I was running along the streets away from a man who was posessed by the devil, he was driving a red car trying to find me,
The devil and posession is a reacurring theme for me.
I eventually made it home where to my despair I found that the birds in the garden trees were working in conjunction with the devil and they were giving away my position with these distinct tweets they make.

SarahD

SarahD

My delusions are all stupid and boring although sometimes frightening and overwhelming. Usually paranoia about being watched, tracked, filmed, spied on. Because I am so interesting, lol! ;)

People trying to get into my flat, people have got in, stuff being moved around. Cameras hidden in my flat. Messages from the TV.

I read on another site how one person tried to use various substances to make a barrier to block the voices, and I thought how ridiculous. But I put barriers up to block the cameras...

:innocent:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I can relate to you both. I have had similar in the past. I have been stable for a while though.

My current delusion is that people are sending me telepathic messages to harass me. Or to make some sort of connection.

I am quite entrenched in this delusion. The other alternative is that they are just hallucinations and this illness is a total bitch!

Palladian

Palladian

LoL delusions my fave is I'm king george the thirds architect and I'll replace him as king. One day.

G

Gredge23

I thought I was Jesus for a while but my hair wasn't grow long enough and quick enough so apparently then I wasn't Jesus

BillFish

BillFish

Over 25 years I have had many varying in severity, some euphorically good and some horrendously bad ones.

My most recent one. mild and funny.

I was running along the streets away from a man who was posessed by the devil, he was driving a red car trying to find me,
The devil and posession is a reacurring theme for me.
I eventually made it home where to my despair I found that the birds in the garden trees were working in conjunction with the devil and they were giving away my position with these distinct tweets they make.
I think I should call mine, "long held beliefs", which unfortunately are based on very real fact. When I told my pdoc after over a decade of appointments with little real communication, she was incredulous and promtly declared I had delusions of grandeur :LOL: