What was your first experience? Voices or Seeing Things ?

• Thread starter HearingVoicesSupportGroup
  • Start date
NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My first experience happened just a week before my 36th birthday in 2016, I started hearing 3 distinct voices in my inner ears.

They claimed to be from law enforcement and were out to get me for drug use but also because I was on their telepathic network and they didn't like that, I went through a lot of paranoia and at some point believed my life and the lives of my family were in danger.

After keeping them all up on night to protect them from danger my family decided I needed help so called an ambulance to come and get me but not before two policemen came and made sure I wasn't violent but that didn't help my paranoia at all.

I was taken into hospital and saw three doctors who asked me to volunteer to go on a psyche ward for 4 days or so or be sectioned for up to a month, I volunteered and spent the next 9 days on the ward before it was decided I was ok to go home.

Three years later I still hear a voice that isn't my own but he is singular and sounds more or less like me and is in my mind rather than my inner ears thanks to medication, the volume of his voice is also reduced by around 95% which makes it so easy to cope with.

I no longer believe it's telepathy of any kind but rather another mind that shares my body with me (see avatar) and that all human beings are the same wether they're aware of their other mind or not.

H

HearingVoicesSupportGroup

Thank u 4 being so open 2 me, I appreciate the time and trust u have put in to tell me :) x

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

abused at 4 in preschool start getting lost in my head imaginary friends and just imaging the world around me with characters i felt were so real the imagination for me does that had times but i try to block it out

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
My first time hearing voices, I was hearing my neighbours voices and they were repeating what I was thinking. For example, say I thought "1,2,3", my voices would say "she said 1,2,3", so this made me think that they were reading my mind. Later on, the voices turned into a thought police. For example, if I thought of something positive, the voices would say, "awwwww that's cute", if negative, "that's out of order, what's wrong with you?". Then they started commenting on my behaviour and comparing me to people. Right now my voices are like a broken radio. I hear the same phrases over and over again. Sometimes I hear other sentences, but can't quite completely hear it clearly. I think it's a sign that the meds are working... I suppose.

N

natalie

I was very ill, out of it, back in 2004, it was the New Year time, I had been a lost and found case, via the Police in UK, at Wembley Police, I was completely out of it more or less, however, I heard externally Police voices through their radios, via the Front Desk, which is where the Police put me, I wasn't a risk to others oh no, and a couple of years later, or a year later even, I was then having problems, of internally within me, hearing voices from Police, my memory bank remembering when I was a lost and found cause.

Eventually, and years later, I have been on my present brand of med, for pshycosis stability, and hearing voices, from the Police, right back in 2007, and I have been very much better, further more I will listen to musicals and music a lot, and knitting, or music listening whilst at our home computer which is upstairs, in another room.

i have to be on med, this brand in particular, for stability for pshycosis point of view. And also, otherwise I'lll be like how I was in the past, with hearing voices.

Today, 2019, I take still 25ml, and controls my voices very well, though I have to point out, that a few too many Police sirens, near me, well, I'll slip away from my computer, and put on music, and knit combined, to calm down. And to prevent the voices becoming worse off from the Police.

I had another incident, of Police many years later, indirectly when my father became ill temporarily whilst driving. I was on 25ml, even in 2014.

Today in 2019, as i say, I am as always still listening to music, and knitting, and working out in fitness, it's because of my pshycosis, and hearing voices like hearing a conversation, only intenrally within me, I have to always be on medication, so unfortunately, I do have to be on 25ml of medication.

fazza

fazza

My first time hearing voices, I was hearing my neighbours voices and they were repeating what I was thinking. For example, say I thought "1,2,3", my voices would say "she said 1,2,3", so this made me think that they were reading my mind. Later on, the voices turned into a thought police. For example, if I thought of something positive, the voices would say, "awwwww that's cute", if negative, "that's out of order, what's wrong with you?". Then they started commenting on my behaviour and comparing me to people. Right now my voices are like a broken radio. I hear the same phrases over and over again. Sometimes I hear other sentences, but can't quite completely hear it clearly. I think it's a sign that the meds are working... I suppose.
Wow that's just like my voices with the running commentary.