• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What was the worst thing you've done because of psychosis?

Kats

Kats

I've done some things I really regret. What were yours?

jajingna

jajingna

Didn't really do much that was so terrible, maybe embarrassing. Nothing criminal anyway.

Ghibli

Ghibli

I once believed that a drawing I had made was being laughed at (which I still kind of believe is true) and that people were calling me horrible names because of it. I couldn't sleep or eat because all I did was think about this drawing. So I had to be taken to a hospital. I kept asking the nurses and doctors (and even other patients) if I was a bad person because of this drawing. I wouldn't believe them when they told me I didn't do anything wrong. With medication, the paranoia soon went away and a week later I was able to go home. But sometimes I think about the whole thing and feel kind of silly.

P

pollypocket88

I called the police to let them know there was devils and crocodiles in my garden . I live in the uk so now I’m well I know there are no crocodiles or devils in my garden I ended up in hospital because I was really poorly .

But when I think back I feel so embarrassed

C

Comorbidity

I'm not going to disclose, and I will usually disclose anything, when I have had psychosis I have become a very dangerous psychopath, and it is absolutely terrifying, because it's not me, I have always been aware of a greater conscious that has always been in control and much of my life has been like being an extra in the movie it's making of my life, in psychosis it has gone psychopathic and it is the one driving the train and combined with the meticulous investigative, planning and attention to detail abilities it has given me, well, let's just say it isn't somewhere I ever want to be taken again, truly frightening

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm not going to disclose, and I will usually disclose anything
I don't disclose publicly what I nearly did, it's truly shameful.

I have always been aware of a greater conscious that has always been in control
When did you become aware? I was totally oblivious to the controlling force that was within me until it decided to speak to me directly at the age of 36, over the past 5 years I believe I've gotten to know it extremely well, I would classify mine as a psychopath and it's also a sociopath.

C

Comorbidity

I don't disclose publicly what I nearly did, it's truly shameful.

When did you become aware? I was totally oblivious to the controlling force that was within me until it decided to speak to me directly at the age of 36, over the past 5 years I believe I've gotten to know it extremely well, I would classify mine as a psychopath and it's also a sociopath.
I became aware from my early teens, I've never heard voices, I've had internal dialogue my entire life as long as I can remember though, prior to the psychosis it had always seemed to make good decisions for me, and decisions that expanded my horizons and experiences and had been a very positive thing, but in psychosis it turned into something incredibly dangerous and scary, incredibly fortunately I didn't do anything, my other conscious, the extra, me, had a sudden, very late in the day "Oh my God what the fricking hell have you got me doing" moment

Truly truly frightening, they will never know how close they came, is all i can say about it

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know what you guys are saying, I've acted out on occasions as well.

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I wouldn't ever describe it as acting out, that would be the under statement of my life
Sorry, What i meant was that you sort of get entrapped into thinking or believing something that you act upon it, as the rug get pulled away to leave you stick in what ever act or response you did.

This at the start of my experiences of 'voices' used to happen all the time.

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Im not sure i should admit to doing something that was breaking the law on here but i done it during psychosis for sure.

But heres another one i did.... The voices said i had to harm myself and i wasnt thinking clearly at all and brought the items needed to do it into my block of flats to store ready to harm myself when a friend called the police they sectioned me, and they said i was a danger to myself and others and i clearly had no idea what was going on.

Bod

Bod

I remember many years ago I woke up in hospital and had to be told one thing I did while in a bad time, I just thank that hospital for saving my hand. Then I try and figure out why I did it and that just gets me angry that I did do it and it really does scare me.

ht46

ht46

I've done very shameful things one more humorous one is I thought my heart was failing and I had read taurine is good for your heart so I drank 8 or so large red bulls and then went to emergency because I thought I had too much.

ht46

ht46

And I once thought I could fly so went to the park and started running around thinking I was going to take off, people were giving me funny looks.

E

emmaleemochizuki

shouting at people closest to me, and running out on the streets in my pyjamas in front of public members. not fun.