• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What to tell my new psychiatrist

U

Usedtolovelife

I am meeting with a new psychiatrist in a few weeks. He will have my records from my prior psychiatrist. One thing I could never be quite honest about with my new psychiatrist was the amount of bad thoughts I have had....though I would never harm myself. The only med that stops the thoughts are benzos however we all know the level of addiction. So, bottom line if I tell my dr that unless I take a benzo, I am at risk of hurting myself will he hospitalize me?
I take an anti depressant but I am convinced that it is making me worse.

Anyone have any success with a med that may act the same as a benzo? An anti psychotic perhaps?

I have so many issues...Ocd, ptsd, anxiety, depression....it is awful.

Thank you.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Ive been lying ro my docs for years so dont do that. and benzos are a temporary fix. SSRI and beta bllckers are my script for anxiety etc

U

Usedtolovelife

Ive been lying ro my docs for years so dont do that. and benzos are a temporary fix. SSRI and beta bllckers are my script for anxiety etc
Ssris make me worse. Don’t know anything about beta blockers.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Maoi hypnotics at night with some zolpidum thrown in for good measure see tou through the night for a sleep

U

Usedtolovelife

I need help getting through the day....ruminating thoughts. I so look forward to going to bed that most nights I sleep well.
I know benzos are a temporary fix but they do the job. Wish there was a medication comparable.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I need help getting through the day....ruminating thoughts. I so look forward to going to bed that most nights I sleep well.
I know benzos are a temporary fix but they do the job. Wish there was a medication comparable.
[/QUOTE
You tried beta blockers? Im on them now since i got to liike bonzo to much

U

Usedtolovelife

No...I have not tried them. Do they act like benzos?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

No...I have not tried them. Do they act like benzos?
They work on the beta waves produced by the brain. Hence the name beta blockers. Brains run on alpha beta delta etc waves so the beta pathways are the ones that get us wound up