• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What to do when suicide is on your mind 247

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

I am waiting on a emergency phycasiatrist assessment due to how suicidal I am had many attempts but always failed I can't cope with voices keep telling me to commit suicide I just want it to stop only time I don't hear them is when I'm asleep I want to be asleep permanently away from this mental torture before I'm sectioned

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm pretty much in the same boat regarding a voice that never shuts up from the moment I wake up to the time I fall asleep at night.

I contemplated taking my own life but that didn't sit well with me, I couldn't do that to the people who love me besides I really want to see this life through to whatever end may be in store for me.

I wasn't on meds and that was the last thing I tried, not ideal to be on them for potentially the rest of my life but it's better than no life at all.

I was pleasantly surprised with the medication, it lowered the volume of this voice by a good 90%, almost the next day I could focus and concentrate again, enough to resume reading and watching TV.

I still hear the voice but it doesn't bother me as much, I quickly became desensitised to what it was saying.

I hope your assessment goes well and you can get some relief.

Sometimes voices change when you introduce medication, sometimes for the better or sometimes they get more aggressive and will threaten you, but rest assured I've never read any reports of voices being able to follow through with any threat, they can only try to convince you to harm yourself so if that happens please stay strong.

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
Suicidal thoughts. They tell us to open up, speak to someone about it.
Well most have already tried. The closer we get to ending it, the less we have to say, because it is indeed a very personal choice despite the pain it would cause to our family.
If you want to die you start to think about the most easiest way.
we think that theres a better place after, there must be, because life can be hell.
I am waiting on a emergency phycasiatrist assessment due to how suicidal I am had many attempts but always failed I can't cope with voices keep telling me to commit suicide I just want it to stop only time I don't hear them is when I'm asleep I want to be asleep permanently away from this mental torture before I'm sectioned
Have you ever been sectioned?
I hope you find a way to ease your mind and find peace from your voices. You are struggling with torment

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

@RapblasterMaster no I've not been sectioned before I'm a outpatient at a mental hospital. crisis team know are am relapsing again with suicide but seems much more appealing to be a sleep forever than to continue down the path of constantly trying to figure out how and when to do it

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

I won't be leaving this forum anytime soon full of people who are very caring much more helpful than the NHS

JessisMe

JessisMe

I use distraction until I am able to sleep at night then wake up in the morning and start distracting myself again.
xo, j

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

@Zoe1 I hope that it eases up for me not prepared to carry on like this I'm not even on correct medication and not in CBT

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

@Zoe1 no unfortunately reason I'm waiting for CBT on NHS should be seeing a emergency phycasiatrist in next couple of days which I'm not knowing what to expect

Z

Zoe1

k I hope the emergency psychiatrist is good
I will look to see what you have posted about it

claiming PIP to pay for help gives me more choice
about choosing my source of help