• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what to do overcome mental fatique?

D

desperate788

Founding Member
Hello, I have mental fatique problem due to endless thinking activity in my brain that ı can't control. What to do to refresh my brain. I used herbs like gotu cola and lecithin and achived some success. I wonder what else can be done..

M

Michael

Founding Member
Have you considered what you are thinking about and if there are issues which you can resolve. Sometimes I find writing down in 'bullet point' form the issues and tackling them one at a time gives me a form of relief.
Meditation works to get me into a frame of mind to tackle the issues, by being able to allocate priorties to them.
Sometimes I just think too much about issues I have no control over and by acknowledging this verbally to myself I can then move on past it.

I would be interested to hear if any of these or any other methods work for you, as would I bet others on this forum.

Best Wishes

Michael

D

desperate788

Founding Member
thanks, I'm on meditation recently. I was searching for how to meditate and I found a useful site explaining simple breathing meditation, its just getting relaxed and concentrating on your breath while you are in a comfortable situation. I do this every night for 15 minutes.It really becomes enjoyable when you really manage to concentrate only on your breath. I wonder if this way of meditation will be helpful or must I search for more developed meditation techniques? There are sample guided meditation mp3 everywhere on the net but for me simple breathing meditation is easier to do. I would like to know what you think about this.

D

Dollit

That simple breathing is the beginning of a meditation known as mindfulness which is very successful for people with depression. I do it and I find it fills me up. You can get guided mindfulness meditation but I like the idea that you can switch it on and off when you need it.

If you find it helpful then stick with it.

D

desperate788

Founding Member
Thank you for the reply, There is one thing I want to learn about breathing meditation. There are meditation music mp3s around the net, are they suitable to use with breathing meditation, will they make meditation easier?

D

Dollit

If you have access to iTunes then they do free downloads for guided meditation. Just search mindfulness and there's some good ones. I use one developed at the University of Bangor which I got from my consultant. Meditation has been trialled in Swindon on the NHS and it is successful.