- Jul 10, 2008
- Bradford, UK
- If you, or the person you are concerned about, are already being seen by Bradford Distric Care Trust and you feel you need help, please follow the guidance in your Care Plan Approach (CPA) or Crisis Plan. If this information is not available you should contact your care team and speak to your care co-ordinator.
- Call Lynfield Mount Hospital on 01274 363170 and they will put you through to the relevant person.
- If the emergency is outside normal hours contact your GP. They will provide you with an on call GP’s number.
- You can also go to your local Accident and Emergency department or call an ambulance if necessary.
If you are not in contact with BDCT's Services
- If you, a friend or relative are experiencing mental health problems for the first time and need emergency treatment, you should contact your GP. Your GP is your family doctor – the doctor you would normally go to see if you are concerned about any aspect of your health. They will be able to refer you to the most appropriate mental health service in the area.If you express it is an emergency you may be able to get an appointment quickly. GP practices also have out-of-hours numbers for times when the surgery is not open.
- If the surgery is not open it should have a number on the answering system.
- In the event you feel you need to take immediate action you can go to your local Accident and Emergency department.
- Call an ambulance if you feel it is necessary.
- You can also call NHS Direct on 0845 4647.