• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What the hell is going on? HELP ME PLEASE!

P

puzzledlife

Hi! This is going to get a bit wierd to read but I need help :(
I'm a 22 years young man who is sick of his religion because my father cheated on my mother and is proud of his stupidity as its allowed in his religion. He kept doing this time and again and I was growing up with it
I developed a hatred towards this community not only because of him but because of the people of this religion and their actions. Since childhood I wanted to convert and today I just can't stand this anymore. I don't allow myself to enjoy life or can't think of dating someone as the future is not possible until I leave this religion. I go mad thinking that how do I go and convert cuz my younger sisters studies will get affected as my father will abandon her after my decision. He is a very religious man and won't tolerate my decision but trust me I want to convert. I just can't accept this thing. I don't belong to these people and I'm ashamed to tell others my religion's name.
This is bad! I'm going crazy! There are fights everyday at home and my mother wants everyone to stay together in the future which is impossible from my side. I'm not being a good son today! I'm being mean and my thoughts are killing me
I need help! What is this? Will I be alright? Will I be able to convert someday?
I started showing signs of depression since I was very young and my head aches a lot Over thinking is bad!
I don't feel like meeting people
I spend time alone
I have found a new faith and I love it
I want to convert asap!
I feel I'm being a burden on everyone!
I don't share my problems with anyone

All my friends come to me for their problem solving and I help them but what about me?

Last edited:
G

glimmerofhope

I am very confused by how you converting will effect your sister. Do you mind me asking what religion you are referring to just so I can understand better? Without knowing more details, I think that it is completely fine for you to convert to another religion if you do not feel your current religion is a good fit for you and you have other beliefs. I think it is an exceptionally good idea since it is causing you so much grief.

P

puzzledlife

hey! Thanks for the reply! It's Islam :(
I want to convert to Christianity as I've read about both the religions and I love Christianity and their way of life!
It will affect my sisters education cuz my father will abandon my mom and her if I convert
Who will pay for her education
She is 5 years younger to me and I won't get a great job as a fresher to finance her studies :(

G

glimmerofhope

Is him abandoning your mom and sister a cultural thing? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't fully understand why he would do that? What does it have to do with them?

P

puzzledlife

He keeps taunting and fighting with my mother saying I don't talk to him.. he has done so much for me in life and I can't ignore his mistakes.. He keeps telling her
Get out of my house all of you cuz you can't accept me.. I'm scared what will he do if I take this step
I can't risk their lives
He is crazy

G

glimmerofhope

If he is that unstable and unpredictable and you feel that their lives are at risk then none of you should be there anyways. He can't hold you all under emotional hostage and threaten to kick you out of the house. That is abusive. If you and your mom and sister stick together, you will make do with what you have and will be able to find jobs and survive. If your mother does not work, he would have to pay her alimony so she would not be thrown into the streets without money. Just a few things to think about....

P

puzzledlife

True that! Man sometimes I wish life was a bit easy! I'm going to convert for my own sake and thanks for helping me out!!
Really thankful to you :)

G

glimmerofhope

Happy to help :) Best wishes to you