What the heck do I have

H

hello513

I have had three diagnoses depression whith psychotic tendencies bipolar schizo effective and schizophrenia.

I am pretty sure I can cross schizophrenia off the list as my only symptom of that seems to be auditory hallucinations which the others have as well. I have never once had a single other symptom of schizophrenia besides auditory hallucinations which is why I am convinced though mentally ill that is not it.

Personally I am leaning towards bi polar with a pre disposition to depressive instead of manic phases.

I am more often depressed than happy but when happy or angry or energetic I like am close to thinking I could take on a god and win which is why I am thinking bi polar yet currently on anti depressants the voices have gotten worse on anti depressants I think its making me manic so I am calling my doctore Monday.

Luci

Luci

It took 14 years of engaging with mental health services before I was 'correctly' diagnosed. The label just helps other people understand you, what is important is that you understand yourself ♡

Focus on knowing and treating your symptoms. How long have you been on your meds? Hopefully a review will help your symptoms? I don't struggle with these symptoms myself, so I'm sorry I cant help there

NWiddi

NWiddi

What you have is a misbehaving voice, they're much more than just a voice in your head, they can effect your feelings and thoughts.

Getting even a low dose of anti-psychotics will help you immensely, not only do they lower the volume of your voice they prevent them from messing with your emotions and thoughts so you'll feel much better.

I haven't been manic in the almost 3 years of taking anti-psychotics, it was like turning the volume of a stereo down from 10 to 1 as far as my voice was concerned but I still get the occasional impulse to feel a certain way or do something but it's so weak I can tell it comes from my voice rather than myself.

May I ask how old you are and how long you've been hearing this voice, also what this voice says to you and how it has gotten worse since taking anti-depressants?

I'm 39 and have been hearing my voice for 3 years and 4 months, been medicated for 3 years come September, my voice just begs me to come off medication and to talk to him all the time but I refuse until he learns how to behave.

J

Jules5

I hear voices but minely like a tv talking to me nothing bad. I do visually hallucinate and it freaks me out-seeing something that is not there and keep looking for it to be real drives me insane. My medications has minimized my hallucinations but it has also made me not feel anything at all no emotions joy or excitement. Hope you can down point what it is you have. voices our always a sign of psychosis. Lots of hugs sent your way

H

hello513

What you have is a misbehaving voice, they're much more than just a voice in your head, they can effect your feelings and thoughts.

Getting even a low dose of anti-psychotics will help you immensely, not only do they lower the volume of your voice they prevent them from messing with your emotions and thoughts so you'll feel much better.

I haven't been manic in the almost 3 years of taking anti-psychotics, it was like turning the volume of a stereo down from 10 to 1 as far as my voice was concerned but I still get the occasional impulse to feel a certain way or do something but it's so weak I can tell it comes from my voice rather than myself.

May I ask how old you are and how long you've been hearing this voice, also what this voice says to you and how it has gotten worse since taking anti-depressants?

I'm 39 and have been hearing my voice for 3 years and 4 months, been medicated for 3 years come September, my voice just begs me to come off medication and to talk to him all the time but I refuse until he learns how to behave.

I am 31 its been 7 years and I am on anti psychotis and they do help I just want them completely stamped out. I utterly despise them its utterly disgusting to think they are a part of me.

H

hello513

It took 14 years of engaging with mental health services before I was 'correctly' diagnosed. The label just helps other people understand you, what is important is that you understand yourself ♡

Focus on knowing and treating your symptoms. How long have you been on your meds? Hopefully a review will help your symptoms? I don't struggle with these symptoms myself, so I'm sorry I cant help there
I am on a fairly new med combo which seems to be the most effective dose I have ever gotten 150 milligrams of welbutrin 25 of loxapine 20 of abilify and 20 hydoxine at night.

The voices are still there unfortunately but so soft and infrequent as to be maneagable now for the first time in a very long time.

Given the nature of these meds they may given their speedy success send me into complete remison god I hope so, and some can be raised if they do not

NWiddi

NWiddi

I've found that no amount of medication can silence my voice, in others where it does their voices go silent voluntarily to reduce the time they're on medication.

For some reason my voice hates being on medication just as much as it hates me not talking to him but he still refuses to be silent when I need him to be, he'd rather talk all day long and frequently beg me to stop what I'm doing to him yet the only reason I'm doing this to him is because of what he did to me and continues to do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Hearing Voices Forum 10