• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What should I do?

L

lizzie g

Hi,
It's been a while since I've been on here but I have a problem I could do with a bit of advice on.

I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 months on friday due to my anxiety about being in a relationship (I think I'm an unwilling commitment phobic!) & now I'm wondering if I've done the right thing.

Basically I get really bad anxiety whenever I get into a relationship & this makes me end it with the person I'm with. My ex is a really sweet (if some times immature) guy but I ended with him because of anxiety, his immatue behaviour & I couldn't see my feelings developing for him.

I had my 1st meeting with a psychiatrist today & they are increasing my Proxetine to 40mg a day & if I don't feel better may put me on mood stabalisers.

I'm really wishing I had waited to see how today had turned out as I'm now begining to wonder how much of what I was feeling has been caused by my depression & anxiety.

I really miss him & I know he's worried about the state of my health & he wants me to get better. I'm wondering if I should let him know how today went but I'm worried that contacting him is just going to make matters worse.

I really want to tell him how I feel but I'm worried he will brush me off as I put him through so much on friday? I'm wondering if I should wait for my mood to settle before I see if there is any hope left for us?

I'm kicking myself for letting my illness get the better of me once again.

Can anyone offer any suggestion?

Ta. x :confused::confused:

J

jekel1

hi

defiantly wait till your stable and have been for some time as your judgment wil be impaired , you could just not want to be alone due to your anxiety making you miss this guy, i would wait and stay strong soyou can make the choice when you are well enough

G

Gorgoose

If he does really care about you and want you to get better, then he should understand that you need some time to sort yourself out a bit first. You don't want to make a decision in a hurry and end up in the same place a few months down the line! I'd let him know how you're feeling, and keep him updated on your progress, but take the time you need to feel sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K People 3