• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What should I do?

T

Tainted

Hi everyone.

Have a bit of a dilema!

I have been feeling awful the last few weeks. I see my CPN once a week but the past ferw weeks I have called her quite a lot. I feel really embarrassed at calling her so much. I feel as though I shouldn't rely on her so much.

However Wednesday and Thursday I have had the most awful days amd evenings and I really need to talk to someone, it doesn't have to be her but she is the person I trust the most and open up to the most. I really want to talk to her, but am embarrassed to call her again.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

T

Tainted

Sorry to pester, but I really am a mess and don't know what to do. Should I ring the Samaritans?

Only thing is I'm at work and can't really talk openly at me desk. I think I need to see someone!

Help!

Q

quigon

Hi Tainted. Why not call your CPN and explain to her your desire to speak to someone often but are concerned that you are putting too much on her. If she says that it is ok then it is ok, leave it at that but you might ask if there is someone else as well in the event that she is not available when you need her. Build a support network of more than just one.

I hope this helps.

T

Tainted

Thanks for your reply quigon.

I have just rung her and she isn't in today.

Now I am stuck and really don't know what to do!

Q

quality factor

Hi, does your CMHT have a duty officer that you could speak with?
QF.

T

Tainted

Hi

I could ask to speak to someone else.

I have really bad problems with letting out what is on my mind. Even with my CPN I am very secretive. I do really need to talk to someone, but if I ask to see someone else, I worry I will be wasteing their time and I will turn up and not ve able to speak and look really stupid.

Thanks for your replies.