• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

what should i do ?

Manicotti

Manicotti

Did he drive away? If you're afraid he might hurt himself you should probably call the police.

C

CabbageMama

Has he had a lot to drink? As in very much over the limit? Is there a friend that could go and meet him, bring him home. Or persuade him to leave his car and walk. Probably better that this isn’t you, given how things get between you when he drinks. He could hurt himself, but may be putting other people at risk, so if he is not safe to drive, then needs to be stopped somehow. Avoiding the Police would be preferable, to avoid more confrontation when he is home and the potential for him facing consequences for breaking the law, but you need to make sure he and others are safe.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

@CabbageMama he said he just drank one glass of wine
but i can't tell anymore if he is drunk or not

i phoned his aunt ,she is going to try get through to him

this is one nightmare of a life

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

on top of this ,i have an infection and am bleeding and in agony
im meant to see the gp on wednesday for it
and then hospital for echocardiogram on thursday

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

this is not about blaming anyone or talking behind their back
i want to know ,who do i turn to if not here?
im still waiting for a cpn
and have not been sent an appointment i was meant to have with the psychiatrist yet
i have my own stuff to deal with as well as his

Manicotti

Manicotti

I see. That would not be good. It sounds like you have a good plan. I hope it goes well

T

tiltawhirl3

I am so sorry, Fairy Lu! I have never had the slightest bit of luck or success in fighting a mate's alcohol addiction. It just hurts every one.

E

EclipticNight

Hey Lu, not to sure how to handle alchohol addiction but drinking in a car is risky. If he is reported he could get in real trouble.

What's going on with you? Why are you bleeding and in pain? It sounds serious.

S

so sad

Hi Lu

This is a nightmare for you but I do think if he drinks and drives, you need to call the police. He could kill someone and/or himself and because you are a lovely, caring person, you would never live with yourself if you hadn't acted to stop it. I know there is a police issue from the past because you've kind of mentioned it in previous posts but Hermit needs something to intervene and maybe that would be it. You need to follow your conscience and not your heart where others lives are involved.

Huge hugs

xx

C

CabbageMama

So hard for you on lots of levels, but if you are going to continue your relationship like you have said you intend to, you are going to need to do more to protect yourself in it, lovely Fairy. Because it very much sounds like you are getting pushed harder and more since the really quite recent explosions and apologies and agreements to work better together. You cannot take responsibility for someone else's drinking or what they choose to do when they drink. Your partner admits they have problems, but is well aware of yours. They know the impact of their drinking on you and they certainly know the impact of a situation like last night on you. Perhaps it was not clear when if they were drunk, perhaps it was. Nobody's place to judge, but something you and they should be considering. An apology today means nothing without a plan or some action to try and minimise the impact of such behaviour in the future. Not ideal for him. And you sure as hell deserve better.